Add-on XenReviews [CrowdFund]

Would you buy this add on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, all my add-ons are in the same boat including the ones that have been a "done deal" for years. Much like my other add-ons, if a respectable dev wants to take XenReviews over, I'm fine with them contacting me.

Well, all my add-ons are in the same boat including the ones that have been a "done deal" for years. Much like my other add-ons, if a respectable dev wants to take XenReviews over, I'm fine with them contacting me.
Sent you a message, take a look when you have a spare second if you can.

Last edited:
It was a surprise you stuck it out for as long as you did @Daniel Hood. Warm regards to you and your family, and sorry you had to go through so much trouble.

p.s. this is the 1st time I've heard of your family being stalked :eek:
[Saying this metaphorically and to illustrate, not as an attack against you in any way]

It's fine to be focused on what you need. Who is completing your product? If he gets hit by a bus, he's gone, that's a problem for you. Thing is, the customers are driving the bus. He can step out of the way of the bus and walk, or the customers can step on the brakes. It doesn't look like either of those is happening, what follows is pretty obvious.
This add-on is going to be awesome when it's done. The thing is... It is SO CLOSE to being ready.
Awesome for those customers. It's parasitic for the developers. And regardless of what said customers say to paper over it, it can't last. Sucking the life, time, and money out of a developer goes on until they metaphorically drop dead and fall off the edge of the forum. And customers most certainly don't want that.

It must have been hard enough to raise the money they did get for this. From the competence and skill I presume these developers have, the budget is short by at least 12K. No, that is most certainly not what people want to pay, but was necessary. He's being really tactful about how damaging this is to him.

6K was obviously not enough to fund this (although there may have been a small number of contributors who provided large chunks of that and they could feel they got the short end of the stick). Even then, IIRC Daniel didn't get most of that money.

No point in beating a dead horse, the situation is closed. Just hope people learn from this.

Last edited:
Showcase really is fantastic, but we're already using it for something else. I'm hoping someone else does make a good reviews add-on.
I think this thread shows it's pretty complex, apparently. I'd say development with XF in its current state is very complex, lots of unnecessary ground work and repetition. It'd take too long and I don't think people would pay as much, it definitely isn't getting crowd funded now either (plus, they're disallowed). Even if someone did make it, it's definitely not going to be for XenForo 1.x

:-(

@Daniel Hood I warned you on a xr.com discussion about that... two kids don't double the work they triplicate it (at least)! ;-) Take care of your family.

I have a license of xenreviews, I hope some developper will continue to work on it... In case not I think that Showcase will get more and more attention from people seeking a reviews system! Prepare yourself @Bob, new feature requests are coming!!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom