Add-on XenReviews [CrowdFund]

Would you buy this add on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The XenForo team and I have reached a solution, well at least it has to be. I have until the middle of May to either deliver a stable version 1.0 that can be listed in the Resource Manager, refund the 14 people that contributed to the pozible campaign ($3,670), or have all my resources delisted from here.
Nothing is posted on XenReviews or XenMods. So, I guess, it safe to assume that...
Updates would be nice, but the solution reached by the XenForo team and Daniel doesn't seem to require them. Regardless, the clock is ticking and this should be resolved one way or the other within the next 3 - 4 weeks.

Last edited:
When you say you are going to do something and continually fail to meet it, people question. I'm curious what is going to happen with what I have purchased.

Updates would be nice, but the solution reached by the XenForo team and Daniel doesn't seem to require them.

Only going by what Mr. Hood himself has stated boss.

Thanks.

Updates would be nice, but the solution reached by the XenForo team and Daniel doesn't seem to require them. Regardless, the clock is ticking and this should be resolved one way or the other within the next 3 - 4 weeks.
The thing is that if there would have been anything to report in the last 3 weeks, we can be sure that it would have been posted here. The development install that Daniel says allows us to track development does not show any significant activity. It appears that this is why there has not been any real update on development progress.

I'm perfectly fine with waiting for Daniel to release his first package or until the deadline. Its just 3 more weeks to wait, after waiting for years. It would be nice to actually see something of significance happening for the very first time.

With only 3.5 weeks to go, and a lot of widgets to create with all the features those contain, these missing features to implement: 1, 2, 3, and fixing all bugs, it would be a really busy 3.5 weeks for any developer to implement. You would not exactly expect to see nothing happening for 3 weeks. Nor would you expect lol remarks about laying in bed and being too tired to post updates.

My comments weren't intended for you @Alfa1 - if anyone deserves a functional XenReviews (or at least straight answers) it's you - you've put in a lot of money but beyond that you were a driving force in getting the project going and you've invested a ton of time into beta testing, brainstorming suggestions, and the like. It's much more your loss than mine (however it turns out). :(

Last edited:
Were you one of the users that crowd funded the addon?
I was not... it was started before I converted ScubaBoard to xenForo. I would have gladly contributed to it though. This will give us the functionality of Angie's List or Trip Advisor. It's important!

I was not... it was started before I converted ScubaBoard to xenForo. I would have gladly contributed to it though. This will give us the functionality of Angie's List or Trip Advisor. It's important!

If this fails, then another developer would have to write a similar mod.

@Daniel Hood, I realize your plan may be to work diligently on finishing the work that needs to be done before saying anything. However I am concerned that none of the time leading up to the deadline was set aside for testing. In my experience there will always be bugs that pop up once users get a hold of the software. The goal is to within the next week or so, to "deliver a stable version 1.0 that can be listed in the Resource Manager". Not to release the first beta version in over a year after the project has gone through significant refactoring, new features and a different developer.

Getting a beta package out as @Daniel Hood said he would try to do last month, would allow bugs, overlooked features, inconsistencies with the agreed project to be identified. The last two beta's Daniel released last year did not work at all and on several occasions Daniel was surprised about the software/project details so it would be smart to get something out there for us to give feedback on. This would reduce the chance of a problematic release.

Getting a beta package out as @Daniel Hood said he would try to do last month, would allow bugs, overlooked features, inconsistencies with the agreed project to be identified. The last two beta's Daniel released last year did not work at all and on several occasions Daniel was surprised about the software/project details so it would be smart to get something out there for us to give feedback on. This would reduce the chance of a problematic release.

Since he hasn't posted anywhere on xenForo in over 2 weeks now. Sadly the deadline doesn't look very promising of a version bug free enough to be considered stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom