New XenForo Experience ACE - Download Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
@mkucuksari the idea behind pinned was that some forums do a lot of things. Resources, media, featured threads, special lists of important threads, new posts, latest activity, social posts, forum list, who knows. And for 90% of users they may only care about 2-3 feeds. So yeah. Kinda a small feature but kinda neat. The rest of the feeds will just show up in the dropdown, and this will give the user LESS to clickon.

And thats not to be understated. So many users find forums clunky because there are so many breadcrumbs, sub-menus, navigations, dropdowns, page menus, options, view mores, etc. Just trying to save on that a bit :P

Thanks for trying it out!
It is my pleasure :)
a) Its still in beta, bound to be some issues. use live at your own risk :p
Okey, I will wait then :d
b) there is a concept called Pinned. They are supposed to import all pinned, and they havent so thats been noted as a bug. Meanwhile you cna mark them as pinned here:
I got it now. When I select "Forum List" as PINNED, it works perfect with AC UI thema.

Screenshot_5.png

But I guess there is bug for other themas. For example I still can not see "Forum list" at my existing UI.X2 thema

Screenshot_6.png

Last edited:
Ok I installed the theme on my live forum (yay!) and it worked just nice. But as soon as I installed the Feeds addon, my server crashed. Something I think it has to do something with the following SQL query:

SQL:
SELECT `xf_thread`.*, `xf_forum_Forum_1`.*, `xf_node_Node_2`.*, `xf_permission_cache_content_Permissions_3`.*, `xf_user_User_4`.*, `xf_user_LastPoster_5`.*, `xf_poll_Poll_6`.*, `xf_post_FirstPost_7`.*, `xf_user_User_8`.*, `xf_user_option_Option_9`.*, `xf_user_profile_Profile_10`.*, `xf_user_privacy_Privacy_11`.*, `xf_permission_combination_PermissionCombination_12`.*, `xf_session_activity_Activity_13`.*
            FROM `xf_thread` FORCE INDEX (`last_post_date`)
            INNER JOIN `xf_forum` AS `xf_forum_Forum_1` ON (`xf_forum_Forum_1`.`node_id` = `xf_thread`.`node_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_node` AS `xf_node_Node_2` ON (`xf_node_Node_2`.`node_id` = `xf_forum_Forum_1`.`node_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_permission_cache_content` AS `xf_permission_cache_content_Permissions_3` ON (`xf_permission_cache_content_Permissions_3`.`content_type` = 'node' AND `xf_permission_cache_content_Permissions_3`.`content_id` = `xf_node_Node_2`.`node_id` AND `xf_permission_cache_content_Permissions_3`.`permission_combination_id` = '1')
LEFT JOIN `xf_user` AS `xf_user_User_4` ON (`xf_user_User_4`.`user_id` = `xf_thread`.`user_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_user` AS `xf_user_LastPoster_5` ON (`xf_user_LastPoster_5`.`user_id` = `xf_thread`.`last_post_user_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_poll` AS `xf_poll_Poll_6` ON (`xf_poll_Poll_6`.`content_type` = 'thread' AND `xf_poll_Poll_6`.`content_id` = `xf_thread`.`thread_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_post` AS `xf_post_FirstPost_7` ON (`xf_post_FirstPost_7`.`post_id` = `xf_thread`.`first_post_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_user` AS `xf_user_User_8` ON (`xf_user_User_8`.`user_id` = `xf_post_FirstPost_7`.`user_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_user_option` AS `xf_user_option_Option_9` ON (`xf_user_option_Option_9`.`user_id` = `xf_user_User_8`.`user_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_user_profile` AS `xf_user_profile_Profile_10` ON (`xf_user_profile_Profile_10`.`user_id` = `xf_user_User_8`.`user_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_user_privacy` AS `xf_user_privacy_Privacy_11` ON (`xf_user_privacy_Privacy_11`.`user_id` = `xf_user_User_8`.`user_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_permission_combination` AS `xf_permission_combination_PermissionCombination_12` ON (`xf_permission_combination_PermissionCombination_12`.`permission_combination_id` = `xf_user_User_8`.`permission_combination_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_session_activity` AS `xf_session_activity_Activity_13` ON (`xf_session_activity_Activity_13`.`user_id` = `xf_user_User_8`.`user_id` AND `xf_session_activity_Activity_13`.`unique_key` = CONCAT(`xf_user_User_8`.`user_id`, ''))
            WHERE (`xf_forum_Forum_1`.`find_new` = 1) AND (`xf_thread`.`discussion_type` <> 'redirect') AND (`xf_thread`.`discussion_state` <> 'deleted')
            ORDER BY `xf_thread`.`last_post_date` DESC

LIMIT 20

Not sure if this is the best place to report this kind of stuff but anyway, let me know if there's a better place for this stuff.

@mkucuksari the idea behind pinned was that some forums do a lot of things. Resources, media, featured threads, special lists of important threads, new posts, latest activity, social posts, forum list, who knows. And for 90% of users they may only care about 2-3 feeds. So yeah. Kinda a small feature but kinda neat. The rest of the feeds will just show up in the dropdown, and this will give the user LESS to clickon.

And thats not to be understated. So many users find forums clunky because there are so many breadcrumbs, sub-menus, navigations, dropdowns, page menus, options, view mores, etc. Just trying to save on that a bit :p
Yes I totally agree with you @Mike Creuzer and because of that reason to be honest, I like FEEDS addon more then AC.UX :)

I am not sure if I will change my old UI.X2 and start to use AC.UX. I need to play AC more and see its differences when I compare with my existing UI.X2 thema.

But I will definetely use FEEDs addon with my existing UI.X2 thema. Of course after it is ready and %100 compatible with UI.X2 thema.

Last edited:
Just another feedback. It is not so important but just to want to share.

After installing FEEDs add-on, it gives outdated templates with existing UI.X2 thema and they need manually merge operation.

Screenshot_7.png

Screenshot_8.webp

Just another feedback. It is not so important but just to want to share.

After installing FEEDs add-on, it gives outdated templates with existing UI.X2 thema and they need manually merge operation.

View attachment 255559
Thats just because feeds was installed after. Common issue in XenForo when you edit files and the order in which they are edited. Liekly safe to auto merge or ignore. Tagging @Ian Hitt

Ok I installed the theme on my live forum (yay!) and it worked just nice. But as soon as I installed the Feeds addon, my server crashed. Something I think it has to do something with the following SQL query:

SQL:
SELECT `xf_thread`.*, `xf_forum_Forum_1`.*, `xf_node_Node_2`.*, `xf_permission_cache_content_Permissions_3`.*, `xf_user_User_4`.*, `xf_user_LastPoster_5`.*, `xf_poll_Poll_6`.*, `xf_post_FirstPost_7`.*, `xf_user_User_8`.*, `xf_user_option_Option_9`.*, `xf_user_profile_Profile_10`.*, `xf_user_privacy_Privacy_11`.*, `xf_permission_combination_PermissionCombination_12`.*, `xf_session_activity_Activity_13`.*
            INNER JOIN `xf_forum` AS `xf_forum_Forum_1` ON (`xf_forum_Forum_1`.`node_id` = `xf_thread`.`node_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_node` AS `xf_node_Node_2` ON (`xf_node_Node_2`.`node_id` = `xf_forum_Forum_1`.`node_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_permission_cache_content` AS `xf_permission_cache_content_Permissions_3` ON (`xf_permission_cache_content_Permissions_3`.`content_type` = 'node' AND `xf_permission_cache_content_Permissions_3`.`content_id` = `xf_node_Node_2`.`node_id` AND `xf_permission_cache_content_Permissions_3`.`permission_combination_id` = '1')
LEFT JOIN `xf_user` AS `xf_user_User_4` ON (`xf_user_User_4`.`user_id` = `xf_thread`.`user_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_user` AS `xf_user_LastPoster_5` ON (`xf_user_LastPoster_5`.`user_id` = `xf_thread`.`last_post_user_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_poll` AS `xf_poll_Poll_6` ON (`xf_poll_Poll_6`.`content_type` = 'thread' AND `xf_poll_Poll_6`.`content_id` = `xf_thread`.`thread_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_post` AS `xf_post_FirstPost_7` ON (`xf_post_FirstPost_7`.`post_id` = `xf_thread`.`first_post_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_user` AS `xf_user_User_8` ON (`xf_user_User_8`.`user_id` = `xf_post_FirstPost_7`.`user_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_user_option` AS `xf_user_option_Option_9` ON (`xf_user_option_Option_9`.`user_id` = `xf_user_User_8`.`user_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_user_profile` AS `xf_user_profile_Profile_10` ON (`xf_user_profile_Profile_10`.`user_id` = `xf_user_User_8`.`user_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_user_privacy` AS `xf_user_privacy_Privacy_11` ON (`xf_user_privacy_Privacy_11`.`user_id` = `xf_user_User_8`.`user_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_permission_combination` AS `xf_permission_combination_PermissionCombination_12` ON (`xf_permission_combination_PermissionCombination_12`.`permission_combination_id` = `xf_user_User_8`.`permission_combination_id`)
LEFT JOIN `xf_session_activity` AS `xf_session_activity_Activity_13` ON (`xf_session_activity_Activity_13`.`user_id` = `xf_user_User_8`.`user_id` AND `xf_session_activity_Activity_13`.`unique_key` = CONCAT(`xf_user_User_8`.`user_id`, ''))
            WHERE (`xf_forum_Forum_1`.`find_new` = 1) AND (`xf_thread`.`discussion_type` <> 'redirect') AND (`xf_thread`.`discussion_state` <> 'deleted')

LIMIT 20

Not sure if this is the best place to report this kind of stuff but anyway, let me know if there's a better place for this stuff.
Tagging @Lukas W. on this. We want to have things like polls and first post content in the feed right, so we have to do quite a few joins clearly. Ill let him formally respond. As a developer you may have some ideas as well :p

We have almost 10 clients running this with 100k to many millions of users as well as tons of threads and usergroups, without fail. It could very well be some performance we need to attempt to do better on, but our stress test is seeing how things go on some of these boards. They have beefier hardware in most cases as well so hard to say.

SQL:

LIMIT 20

That query generally doesn't look out of the ordinary. Can you elaborate a bit more on how your database/server crashed, ideally with some error logs? We've optimized the queries to be as performant as possible and successfully trialed them on one of the biggest XenForo boards out there (amongst others), so it may be a simple matter of tweaking a few database config values.

Thats just because feeds was installed after. Common issue in XenForo when you edit files and the order in which they are edited. Liekly safe to auto merge or ignore. Tagging @Ian Hitt
Yes I know the reason. It happened many times while upgrading UI.X2 thema.

"Auto merge" did not work. I can ignore them or make manually merge, no problem :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom