New XenForo Experience ACE - Download Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so the 'parent' product ACE for XF doesn't actually have a download. got it.

The irony of having a hard time downloading a UI improvement addon because the UI to download it is confusing.... :X

it comes in email about 5 min later
We use Mailchimp here, so I guess we are throttled there. Feel free to not use the product if this is too confusing, not sure what else I can do toget it over to you. I think Mailchimp is one of the best in class services.

posting a product line item with a DOWNLOAD NOW button next to it
and then having 'customers' have a hard time with it because it's actually not a thing to download and you confused everyone with your UX ... is not a customer problem.

That response is really crappy.
Noted but this is not within our control. XenForo requires add-ons and themes be separated which make sense and MailChimp clearly has some throttle to get the download over (which I am looking into why its taking so long) so Im not sure what better option we can provide. Appreciate the feedback, will see what we can improve to make this better.

ETA: I may have misunderstood. Forgive me, people complaining about free stuff is kinda my limit. Apologies, I think we removed the confusion but feel free to lmk if otherwise.

Last edited:
I appreciate the effort to make it right but the UI is still showing the same confusing thing.

You're saying DL the ace.ui and feeds.

but there's also the main ace for xf product.

and when i go to it, there's a DL button

which when clicked, pops the error in the bottom right:

Edited out the pics as they had my domain in it

Last edited:
As mentioned above:

You must download the resources attached to your account named Feeds and AC.UI separately.
For Feeds: Navigate to the resource, click the download button, and then it will then download the zipped add-on file to your computer.

For AC.UI: Navigate to the resource and then you'll need to click two different download buttons. First one, click the large green download button above as that will download the zipped UI.X 2 add-on folder to your computer. Second one, click the normal sized green download button within the version history and then it will download the zipped theme files to your computer.

Ignore the ACE for XenForo resource download button altogether :)
Installed feeds. Nothing shows on my forum. Can't click on forums either. Tried to. Upload an other file and have this issue

Could not process UI.X-Platform-2.2.6.0.0.zip: File does not appear to be a valid add-on archive as expected.

I guess you still have a lot to work on it guys.

There are no versions of this style that are compatible with your currently installed version of XenForo. If this version of XenForo has recently been released, please try again later

Leave you to fix the addon. Can’t waste time on testing …

Code:
InvalidArgumentException: Job Audentio\Feeds:Rebuild\LastItemCache: Attempted to convert NULL to integer [event_date] src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:759
Generated by: Unknown account Aug 2, 2021 at 9:50 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(637): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_castValueToType(NULL, 'event_date', 2, Array)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(739): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->set('event_date', NULL, Array)
#2 src/addons/Audentio/Feeds/Feed/AbstractHandler.php(480): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->bulkSet(Array)
#3 src/addons/Audentio/Feeds/Feed/NewsFeed.php(180): Audentio\Feeds\Feed\AbstractHandler->wrapItems(Object(XF\Mvc\Entity\ArrayCollection), Object(Audentio\Feeds\Entity\Feed))
#4 src/XF.php(589): Audentio\Feeds\Feed\NewsFeed->Audentio\Feeds\Feed\{closure}()
#5 src/addons/Audentio/Feeds/Feed/NewsFeed.php(194): XF::asVisitor(Object(SV\DailyStatistics\XF\Entity\User), Object(Closure))
#6 src/addons/Audentio/Feeds/Entity/Feed.php(294): Audentio\Feeds\Feed\NewsFeed->getLastItemCache(Object(Audentio\Feeds\Entity\Feed))
#7 src/addons/Audentio/Feeds/Job/Rebuild/LastItemCache.php(46): Audentio\Feeds\Entity\Feed->updateLastItemCache()
#8 src/XF/Job/AbstractRebuildJob.php(47): Audentio\Feeds\Job\Rebuild\LastItemCache->rebuildById(8)
#9 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(258): XF\Job\AbstractRebuildJob->run(7.98663)
#10 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(200): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.98663)
#11 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(84): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.98663)
#12 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#13 {main}

just uninstalled it.

Installed feeds. Nothing shows on my forum. Can't click on forums either. Tried to. Upload an other file and have this issue

Could not process UI.X-Platform-2.2.6.0.0.zip: File does not appear to be a valid add-on archive as expected.

I guess you still have a lot to work on it guys.
Thats the theme file, agreed zip name is confusing. Will fix.

Leave you to fix the addon. Can’t waste time on testing …

Code:
InvalidArgumentException: Job Audentio\Feeds:Rebuild\LastItemCache: Attempted to convert NULL to integer [event_date] src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:759
Generated by: Unknown account Aug 2, 2021 at 9:50 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(637): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_castValueToType(NULL, 'event_date', 2, Array)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(739): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->set('event_date', NULL, Array)
#2 src/addons/Audentio/Feeds/Feed/AbstractHandler.php(480): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->bulkSet(Array)
#3 src/addons/Audentio/Feeds/Feed/NewsFeed.php(180): Audentio\Feeds\Feed\AbstractHandler->wrapItems(Object(XF\Mvc\Entity\ArrayCollection), Object(Audentio\Feeds\Entity\Feed))
#4 src/XF.php(589): Audentio\Feeds\Feed\NewsFeed->Audentio\Feeds\Feed\{closure}()
#5 src/addons/Audentio/Feeds/Feed/NewsFeed.php(194): XF::asVisitor(Object(SV\DailyStatistics\XF\Entity\User), Object(Closure))
#6 src/addons/Audentio/Feeds/Entity/Feed.php(294): Audentio\Feeds\Feed\NewsFeed->getLastItemCache(Object(Audentio\Feeds\Entity\Feed))
#7 src/addons/Audentio/Feeds/Job/Rebuild/LastItemCache.php(46): Audentio\Feeds\Entity\Feed->updateLastItemCache()
#8 src/XF/Job/AbstractRebuildJob.php(47): Audentio\Feeds\Job\Rebuild\LastItemCache->rebuildById(8)
#9 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(258): XF\Job\AbstractRebuildJob->run(7.98663)
#10 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(200): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.98663)
#11 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(84): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.98663)
#12 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#13 {main}

just uninstalled it.
Thanks, this is the first release, as with every release there are some edge cases. Works on all our clients, all our demos, but there are bound to be different server configs and whatever else. Just going to happen. Thanks for trying.

Thats the theme file, agreed zip name is confusing. Will fix.
This should be made more clear, which files to download.
Thanks, this is the first release, as with every release there are some edge cases. Works on all our clients, all our demos, but there are found to be different server configs and whatever else. Just going to happen. Thanks for trying
Then looking forward for a stable version.

I was able to install and test this. It's definitely different. Main goal though was to test compatibility with a couple or three of our add-ons. So far so good. Testing will continue. It's a new toy to play with. Thanks for presenting it!

I tried again, but seems I got same issue for some reason

Could not process UI.X-Platform-2.2.6.1.0 (3).zip: File does not appear to be a valid add-on archive as expected

Could not process UI.X-Platform-2.2.6.1.0 (3).zip: File does not appear to be a valid add-on archive as expected
That is still the style. Havent fixed zip yet but @Ian Hitt is on it just not sure when.

There is Feeds which is teh add-on and AC.UI (UIX Platform is the old name we called it just removing it from zip so can ignore soon enough), which is a style. We may add more to "ACE" but for now its just those two. We are going to recommend, strongly, certain things like @Kirby s FA manager and other addons and tools we like. Havent had a chance to go through all I want but we have a list started.

That is still the style. Havent fixed zip yet but @Ian Hitt is on it just not sure when.

There is Feeds which is teh add-on and AC.UI (UIX Platform is the old name we called it just removing it from zip so can ignore soon enough), which is a style. We may add more to "ACE" but for now its just those two.
I tried all versions , and none of them are working. Feeds seems that isn’t working either, cant click on forums. Is that from Style ?

I tried all versions , and none of them are working. Feeds seems that isn’t working either, cant click on forums. Is that from Style ?

Hello there 👋 happy to help you get things running. Can you shoot me a DM so we can figure out what the issue is you're having.

Just installed ACE and FEEDS without any problem at my demo site. They are definitely different. Again many thanks for Free offer. I will continue to play with them and try to give some feedbacks.

It is very nice to have DARK style too :)

Screenshot_4.png

I really like FEEDS addon. I have 2 questions @Mike Creuzer ., @Ian Hitt

a- I have seen that there are many versions for FEEDs addon. Is it still ine BETA ? Can I use it on our live site with my UI.X2 thema ?

b- Somehow I could not find a way to show FEEDs menu as line.

This is how I get Feeds menu :

Screenshot_2.png

I want to have FEED menu like this. How can I set it like this ?

Screenshot_3.png

a- I have seen that there are many versions for FEEDs addon. Is it still ine BETA ? Can I use it on our live site with my UI.X2 thema ?

b- Somehow I could not find a way to show FEEDs menu as line.
Thanks for trying it out!

a) Its still in beta, bound to be some issues. use live at your own risk :P

b) there is a concept called Pinned. They are supposed to import all pinned, and they havent so thats been noted as a bug. Meanwhile you cna mark them as pinned here:

1627940629834.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom