Email Subscription

Email Subscription 3.0

No permission to download
Andy, found an issue with this add-on: When the admin has closed the forum via the Board Active option, the add-on still sends out the daily e-mail message to subscribers.

Andy, this has stopped sending to my users, but sends the daily one to the admin each day. No errors are thrown... I even input an email as a guest, it sent my admin one, nothing to my guest entry.

There are 477 subscribed it says... and only sends to my admin account.

Edit: my bad, I had my userid in the test field which stops it sending to anyone other than myself. Ha ha...

Last edited:
Ok, I could not seem to find the answer....Is this SITE WIDE thus sending out a list of any new posts done in any included forum? Or...Can the member choose to have it only send out notices for they forum sections they choose to get daily updates on?

If the member can not choose, this IMHO, is really needed as sorely missing from Xenfono or this add-on. We just converted over from Vb 3.8 and had this for many many year and was used greatly by the members. So kind of shocked Xenfono does not have Daily emails for watched forums.

I have a feature suggestion:

The ability to define a URL for a logo image in the email Not using the default logo image, but one we define so it can be unique and we can track how many emails are opened via our server access logs.

Unfortunately i still dont have understand Xenforos Bouncesystem; i tried a lot of things, but there is no effort on it.
What i would like to have is:
1. Send mails to everyone
2. Get information back which email is not existing anymore.
3. Set the user information for this email to: "dont send email anymore"

Maybe someone has aan idea how to do this.

Now for the addon. I have some hundredthousand mailadresses from my old vb-boards that i want to use to send an email with information about the new board. Like with the XF´s system i dream about to have any feedback which mailadresses are dead and delete them from the list automatically.

Is this possible and build in?
Then i would be a real wonderful tool for me.

Unfortunately i still dont have understand Xenforos Bouncesystem; i tried a lot of things, but there is no effort on it.
What i would like to have is:
1. Send mails to everyone
2. Get information back which email is not existing anymore.
3. Set the user information for this email to: "dont send email anymore"

Maybe someone has aan idea how to do this.

Now for the addon. I have some hundredthousand mailadresses from my old vb-boards that i want to use to send an email with information about the new board. Like with the XF´s system i dream about to have any feedback which mailadresses are dead and delete them from the list automatically.

Is this possible and build in?
Then i would be a real wonderful tool for me.
You might want to check out the resource that integrates XF with Mailgun...

AndyB updated Email Subscription with a new update entry:

See description

On Dec 31,2015 version 2.2 of this add-on was released to address an exploitable SQL injection vulnerability. If you are still using a version of this add-on which is below 2.2 or released before Dec 31,2015 then it is essential that you update to the latest version of the add-on as soon as possible to fix this security issue. If you have any further questions, please ask.

Read the rest of this update entry...

AndyB updated Email Subscription with a new update entry:

See description

On Dec 31, 2015 version 2.2 of this add-on was released to address an exploitable SQL injection vulnerability. If you are still using a version of this add-on which is below 2.2 or released before Dec 31, 2015 then it is essential that you update to the latest version of the add-on as soon as possible to fix this security issue. If you have any further questions, please ask.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom