Any sort of roadmap for Xenforo 2.3 ?

We have a member who posts paragraphs of incomprehensible spew and I've never been able to convince the mods to kick him. In fact, we have some members who defend him and threaten to leave if we do so.
This is why we have the warning system and user discouragement (plus the addons that do global ignore )

This is why we have the warning system and user discouragement (plus the addons that do global ignore )
Oh, he's been warned many times, usually because someone read through the drivel and realized he'd lobbed a flame at someone. I'm tempted to discourage him but if his supporters caught on, the resulting ****storm wouldn't be worth it. Unfortunately, we've framed this as a community site with the admins managing things but not "owning" the site so we have to tread carefully, even if we feel an unpopular action would help the site.

Oh, he's been warned many times, usually because someone read through the drivel and realized he'd lobbed a flame at someone. I'm tempted to discourage him but if his supporters caught on, the resulting ****storm wouldn't be worth it. Unfortunately, we've framed this as a community site with the admins managing things but not "owning" the site so we have to tread carefully, even if we feel an unpopular action would help the site.
Point out that a toxic member who is clearly being given a pass for their behavior will usually cost you more members long term than the removal of that member, and some followers leaving. Toxicity breeds toxicity and defeats the purpose of building a community in the first place if you allow it to fester.

🙃 This is also why I rarely moderate for other communities.

Last edited:
Permaban him dude

8.8.8 will sell well in China. 8 is a lucky number in my wife's culture so you have bizarre things like people bidding for phone numbers and buying domains with 8s in them. August 8, 2008 (8/8/8) was both the opening of the Beijing Summer Olympics (at 8pm local time, natch) and a popular date to get married.

Reactions: FTL
Clarified nicely, thankyou.

Now, I want to see 13.13.13 and watch all the superstitious types freak out! :ROFLMAO:

Might take a while...
6.6.6 will happen sooner
666 GIF

VersionRelease dateDuration
1.0[8]March 8, 2011N/A
1.1[10]November 22, 2011259 days
1.2[12]July 30, 2013616 days
1.3[17]March 11, 2014224 days
1.4[19]September 9, 2014182 days
1.5[21]August 18, 2015343 days
2.0[23]November 28, 2017833 days
2.1[25]January 30, 2019428 days
2.2[27]September 29, 2020608 days
2.3N/A1210 days+

3 years and 3 months since the last major release. Hopefully we'll get a Valentine's Day gift from the XF team.

Top Bottom