Any sort of roadmap for Xenforo 2.3 ?

Please, try to read my posts.
It's not a question of when it will be released, but why it takes so much longer than anticipated.
cba finding a link but it's something along the lines of "along with everything else, we intended to provide a new style with 2.3, but it was a much bigger job than anticipated because the template/style system needed big changes, so we've held that off for 3.0"

Please, try to read my posts.
It's not a question of when it will be released, but why it takes so much longer than anticipated.
I agree. The software is great and it “just works”. The only real update I’m looking forward to is the redesign.

Now, what does bother me is (as usual) the transparency about this delay.
Was it because of a XF team member lost a hard drive, financial matters, or whatever it might be, just be transparent to us.

I think we’ve proven that most of us are very loyal customers.

There are some that so now and then stand up, cause a chaotic discussion, but we’re still all here. Patiently waiting for this next big update, and the one after that.

But what is that caused this delay?

Regardless of when it's meant to be due - given the bugs currently present in the 2.3 version being ran on XFcom I think we're all glad it hasn't been released yet.

The only concern for me is the major bugs haven't been fixed yet - such as the multicoloured posts, some posts only posting from the last saved draft not from the full text, etc etc.

I can only assume it's because they're working on 2.2.14(?) so are pushing that release before jumping back on to 2.3 bug fixes.

@duderuud
I asked this to somebody else who thought the same thing as you.
Would you rather something half done or something properly done.

Most people would want good quality software for their forum that has no bugs in it.

This one has bugs in it.
See even 2.2.14 had to have a couple of patches as it was still full of bugs.

Hence the reason why things blow out.

direct video uploads
social media feed like twitter/fb
live video options
mobile app (white label)
....This is whats really needed in this day of times, who else offers these things?

Would you rather something half done or something properly done.
Please read my earlier comments in this thread. It is not about releasing it proper or not (it should always be of a certain quality and it probably will be).
The whole issue is, it is taking way longer than anticipated. A statement from the staff resembling your comment would be something...anything.

Still no one knows, I find it a bit troublesome to be honest.

Tim Robinson Film GIF by IFC

Please read my earlier comments in this thread. It is not about releasing it proper or not (it should always be of a certain quality and it probably will be).
The whole issue is, it is taking way longer than anticipated. A statement from the staff resembling your comment would be something...anything.

Still no one knows, I find it a bit troublesome to be honest.
It's because they're still working on it. 🤦‍♀️

I am probably too naïve to understand all the anxiety and concerns frequently expressed about the release date of XF 2.3. XF 2.2.15 works great for my forum. If, and when, XF 2.3 is released, I will look at the improvements that it may provide for my forum. Given that XF 2.2.15 is a stable & reliable product, I do not see any particular reason to quickly push XF 2.3 out the door. Sit back, have a beer, and wait until our XF developers determine it is ready. Just my opinion.

I am probably too naïve to understand all the anxiety and concerns frequently expressed about the release date of XF 2.3. XF 2.2.15 works great for my forum. If, and when, XF 2.3 is released, I will look at the improvements that it may provide for my forum. Given that XF 2.2.15 is a stable & reliable product, I do not see any particular reason to quickly push XF 2.3 out the door. Sit back, have a beer, and wait until our XF developers determine it is ready. Just my opinion.
Its those that have renewed their licenses this last 12months with not much to gain for their purchase that have concerns. Otherwise, yes your pov is correct and makes most sense.

Top Bottom