AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2

AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 [Paid] 1.4.9

No permission to buy (€50.00)
:) to explain:
  • roughly 18 hours ago I put the wrong generic ad code into an [AMP] slot.
  • fixed that about 12 hours ago, but it seems Google had already evaluated the page and rendered the errors for the report
  • Google first started sharing the report this morning.... so THAT issue is already fixed and I've begun re-validation so that it's reflected in the report.
I'm referring to the other error you cited for a specific page with a broken script tag.
I actually see that the AMPRobot has found a page with broken script tag (url ends in "-came-to-be.16454/?amp=1", is it the same one)
You said you re-validated and now it works, but I haven't changed anything on that page.... unless the validation on your end was done yesterday? But if that's the case, I'm not seeing that report. I hope I can see any reports you are producing about my site; everything should be in the "my forums" tab, I think!

Now.... what I actually think might be the problem, though, is the XFES Similar Threads feature.... That content can change with every load, I believe, and so what is an error at one moment will not be the error in the next. Might be hard to chase these down, but I'll give it a go, at least.

I'm referring to the other error you cited for a specific page with a broken script tag. You said you re-validated and now it works, but I haven't changed anything on that page.... unless the validation on your end was done yesterday? But if that's the case, I'm not seeing that report. I hope I can see any reports you are producing about my site; everything should be in the "my forums" tab, I think!
Ahh yes, AMPRobot had also found some similar, and it was related to same thing (wrong adcode temporarily used)

I will let you know soon when I update the dashboard 👍

Now.... what I actually think might be the problem, though, is the XFES Similar Threads feature.... That content can change with every load, I believe, and so what is an error at one moment will not be the error in the next. Might be hard to chase these down, but I'll give it a go, at least.
That one you don't have to worry about I can say with quite good certainty as those are generated by templated code, so if there would be a problem, it would be for all of the pages where it is rendered :) 👍

@JulianD the new release fixes the smile sizes for your forum :) 👍
I'm going to install it right away ! Thank you

Edit: @mazzly I was able to get it to work but I had to edit Markup.php because one of the scripts was incorrect. I fixed it by changing it to:

Code:
            ['<amp-auto-ads ', 'amp-auto-ads', 'https://cdn.ampproject.org/v0/amp-auto-ads-0.1.js'],

Otherwise I would get validation errors.

Last edited:
I'm going to install it right away ! Thank you

Edit: @mazzly I was able to get it to work but I had to edit Markup.php because one of the scripts was incorrect. I fixed it by changing it to:

Code:
            ['<amp-auto-ads ', 'amp-auto-ads', 'https://cdn.ampproject.org/v0/amp-auto-ads-0.1.js'],

Otherwise I would get validation errors.
Thanks for the heads up! Copy-pasta error, not really tested because in our beta testing the amp-auto-ads with AdSense didn't ever seem to render any ads. So please make sure to check if you can get it to render anything :)

@Faust & @btmgreg here is that answer about themes:

Please ask if anything is unclear still, and I will try to clarify the answer :)

Means is not compatible with my style. If there will be major changes then is not worth changes. Also, what impact this will have on addons?

Means is not compatible with my style. If there will be major changes then is not worth changes. Also, what impact this will have on addons?
Wait what? how did you draw that conclusion? :) (Can you send me PM with your forum link btw, I can probably tell if it will look the same or not)

Other addons that render content into the page should be included, as long as the content is allowed with the AMP specifications.
- If there is some compatibility bug with some other addon, we have to solve that so that they can play well together

folks need to read more about amp! the whole idea to use amp to get better listing on google search result pages. your content might appear in a carousal. it might get priority listing in search results and discover feed. the whole idea is to rank well. the first page user lands on is a barebones page with focus on content and speed. amp pages tend to load instantly. they are designed to load instantly. google even caches them on their own servers to preload them so that they appear instantly. the idea is to provide an instant experience to the mobile user searching for content on the web. this is also why amp is hated so much because it is basically powered by google and focused on google.

it would probably require heavy customization to get amp page to look similar to a custom third party theme. good start would be to get the color theme sorted out along with logo. for most forum owners, anything more would probably be an overkill. you are essentially paying for this addon to get that elusive first hit from google search result pages.

any other click from amp landing page would take the guest visitor to regular site. he would not get another amp page again during that session. the idea is to get the first hit. after that it is your regular portal.

sorry for offtopic opinion post lol.

folks need to read more about amp! the whole idea to use amp to get better listing on google search result pages. your content might appear in a carousal. it might get priority listing in search results and discover feed. the whole idea is to rank well. the first page user lands on is a barebones page with focus on content and speed. amp pages tend to load instantly. they are designed to load instantly. google even caches them on their own servers to preload them so that they appear instantly. the idea is to provide an instant experience to the mobile user searching for content on the web. this is also why amp is hated so much because it is basically powered by google and focused on google.

it would probably require heavy customization to get amp page to look similar to a custom third party theme. good start would be to get the color theme sorted out along with logo. for most forum owners, anything more would probably be an overkill. you are essentially paying for this addon to get that elusive first hit from google search result pages.

any other click from amp landing page would take the guest visitor to regular site. he would not get another amp page again during that session. the idea is to get the first hit. after that it is your regular portal.

sorry for offtopic opinion post lol.
Thank you, well put 👍 I tried providing the same message also in that newly created FAQ item I posted some posts above :)

forgot to add another crucial point lol. probably already covered in the faqs. this is not an addon for your members! your members would likely never see an amp page on your website unless they click a link to your website while conducting a search on google on their mobile phone (i am not sure if this addon would redirect logged in members away from amp page to regular page). this is primarily aimed at guests so addons like chat box, reactions and others are completely irrelevant for this particular component. amp is purely a content focused platform. to get the user faster to the content on websites they are searching for on their phones!

forgot to add another crucial point lol. probably already covered in the faqs. this is not an addon for your members! your members would likely never see an amp page on your website unless they click a link to your website while conducting a search on google on their mobile phone (i am not sure if this addon would redirect logged in members away from amp page to regular page). this is primarily aimed at guests so addons like chat box, reactions and others are completely irrelevant for this particular component. amp is purely a content focused platform. to get the user faster to the content on websites they are searching for on their phones!
Yes, also this 👍 :D

There is some type of amp-access component, but I'm not really sure if it can be used to find out if the user would have an account from before, and even if they did, I'm not sure what the AMPXF addon should do with that info in that case :D

Painless install, so far ok. Fonts are very very large (my base fonts are large so not sure if it's based on those) so not sure what can be done on this.

Amp view of Nixfifty Calendar Threads (reported just now) doesn't work.

I'll keep going, been a whole 3 mins.

Top Bottom