Alert Improvements by Xon

Alert Improvements by Xon 1.5.6

No permission to download
Some alerts should *NOT* go away .... UNTIL you visit the thread or that you actively dismiss the alert.
Consider it a more permanent version to xenforo's stock notifications (maybe call it a subscription).

So there would be a third option here.
upload_2016-7-21_8-43-35.webp
Options:
(1) Receive emails
(2) Receive alerts (expire if you ignore alerts)
(3) Receive alerts (never expire)

Xon updated Alert Improvements by Xon with a new update entry:

Feature update

• When viewing a user's profile page, mark any relevant alerts from that page as read.
  • Add a "mark all as read" link to the alerts page.
  • Allow users to not mark-as-read all alerts when viewing account/alerts page, setting is on account/preferences page.
    • Instead of requiring knowledge of the non-documented "skip_mark_read" argument for the same functionality

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: rdn
Xon updated Alert Improvements by Xon with a new update entry:

1.3.1 - Maintenance update

• Prevent an SQL error if the user has 65535 alerts and marks another alert as unread.
  • When marking alerts as read on a page, do a select first to determine how many alerts are still unread.
    • This is intent to reduce rows locked when doing the UPDATE.
    • If splitting of read/writes is done, this will allow the slave servers to be checked for any outstanding alerts instead of hitting the master.
  • Support PREVENT_MARK_READ debug option

Read the rest of this update entry...

Please, I'm willing to contribute some $$ for the development @Xon.
Thanks!
It is a separate add-on, which I haven't finished yet. It is the next major add-on (which isn't bugfixes) I'm planning on working on.

Please PM if you are willing to help fund this.

Some initial screenshots:
summarized_likes.webp

ratings.webp

Hovering over the rating icon has the rating name as a tooltip.

Clicking on the summarized alert (ie someone like bombing everything you've posted) brings up & marks the alert as read;
ratings2.webp

I love this add on Xon. Can I make a suggestion for the new one?

When you hover over the thread title it loads a tooltip of the exact post?

upload_2017-3-3_13-2-43.webp

Sometimes when catching up on lots of alerts I can't remember what post the rating is tied to, and I don't want to always have to visit and load the full thread just to check. The tooltip would give me enough insight to remind me what post it's referencing without having to navigate away.

Got this error, don't know for sure if it is from this add-on but impersonate user i only can use.

Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '114147-408389' for key 'PRIMARY' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Gegenereerd Door: marina1975, Vandaag om 05:36
Stack Trace
#0 /home/bodyforum/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/bodyforum/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/bodyforum/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `xf...', Array)
#3 /home/bodyforum/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1638): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('xf_thread_watch', Array)
#4 /home/bodyforum/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1627): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert()
#5 /home/bodyforum/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1419): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#6 /home/bodyforum/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/ThreadWatch.php(507): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#7 /home/bodyforum/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/ThreadWatch.php(550): XenForo_Model_ThreadWatch->setThreadWatchStateWithUserDefault(114147, 408389, 'watch_no_email')
#8 /home/bodyforum/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(585): XenForo_Model_ThreadWatch->setVisitorThreadWatchStateFromInput(408389, Array)
#9 /home/bodyforum/public_html/library/SV/AlertImprovements/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(45): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
#10 /home/bodyforum/public_html/library/XFLiam/ImpersonateUser/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(55): SV_AlertImprovements_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
#11 /home/bodyforum/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XFLiam_ImpersonateUser_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
#12 /home/bodyforum/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#13 /home/bodyforum/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#14 {main}
Aanvraagstatus
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(77) "https://forum.bodybuilding.nl/topics/fitness-schema-feedback.408389/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(9) {
   ["message_html"] => string(470) "<p>[QUOTE="Kevinhanekamp, post: 9768288, member: 160829"]<span style="font-size: 11pt;">Mijn eten is goed(ik krijg genoeg eiwitten binnen etc).</span><span style="font-size: 11pt;">[/QUOTE]</span></p><p>Je eet dus netjes 500 kcal boven je onderhoud met:</p><p>2-2,5 gr eiwit per kg llichaamsgewicht. (meer heb je niet nodig)</p><p>minimaal 1 gr vet per lg lichaamsgewicht</p><p>rest koolhydraten</p><p><br></p><p>dan een goed erbij en het komt helemaal goed! :thumb:</p>"
   ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(68) "https://forum.bodybuilding.nl/topics/fitness-schema-feedback.408389/"
   ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "cbed630ea88b502869a195f84a8ac9fb"
   ["last_date"] => string(10) "1494874362"
   ["last_known_date"] => string(10) "1494874362"
   ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
   ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(39) "/topics/fitness-schema-feedback.408389/"
   ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
   ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Last edited:
Top Bottom