Resource icon

[bd] Mails 1.1.0

No permission to download
When you reply to that email, does it send to the original address kam@
Right now i using gravity forms on WordPress to handle the contact and it works perfectly but i liketo move all functions to xf

Right now i using gravity forms on WordPress to handle the contact and it works perfectly but i liketo move all functions to xf
Nope. Reply goes to the "From" address.

Oh crap was I supposed to do it as automatically detect or remote?

View attachment 56152
Are you having mail boxes at your domain? Doing this will make it impossible to receive mail for those mail boxes FYI.

It's recommended that you use a sub domain if you have existing mail box at the domain. Like my site, I used mailgun.xfrocks.com

Wow awesome! Just switched from sendgrid to mandrill and the setup was insanely simple. add SPF and DKIM and bam, done.

Thanks for yet again, another excellent little addon @xfrocks! :D

Man if you could process bounced emails with Mandrill API this would be gold. How much would you charge me to add bounced email processing to this?

Man if you could process bounced emails with Mandrill API this would be gold. How much would you charge me to add bounced email processing to this?
The providers (Mailgun, Mandrill) process bounced email themselves and stop deliver mails to those addresses. So this add-on only needs to find bounced addresses and mark those users as unverified email. Is that what you need?

The providers (Mailgun, Mandrill) process bounced email themselves and stop deliver mails to those addresses. So this add-on only needs to find bounced addresses and mark those users as unverified email. Is that what you need?
That takes care of the sending side, but not the user side. The user needs to be made aware that the used email address is bouncing and the account needs to be deactivated(awaiting email conformation) until it's fixed.

That takes care of the sending side, but not the user side. The user needs to be made aware that the used email address is bouncing and the account needs to be deactivated(awaiting email conformation) until it's fixed.
I believe when your account is awaiting email confirmation, a notice shows up on every page?

I believe when your account is awaiting email confirmation, a notice shows up on every page?
That will cause a mass of confused members and support requests. Members need to receive an explanation what is wrong and why. 99% of the users will not understand what is going on and what to do unless its explained.
The need to be informed by a notice like this:

Your email provider gmail.com has returned email to your email address someemail@gmail.com with the notification that your email is invalid. The exact reason gmail.com gives is "email does not exist". This has deactivated your account until the issue is resolved.
Please fix this problem by changing your email and confirming the validity of your address. Click here to do so.

That will cause a mass of confused members and support requests. Members need to receive an explanation what is wrong and why. 99% of the users will not understand what is going on and what to do unless its explained.
The need to be informed by a notice like this:

Your email provider gmail.com has returned email to your email address someemail@gmail.com with the notification that your email is invalid. The exact reason gmail.com gives is "email does not exist". This has deactivated your account until the issue is resolved.
Please fix this problem by changing your email and confirming the validity of your address. Click here to do so.
Probably starting a conversation with the detail information is a good idea.

I suggest to make a new notice, which is only shown to a specific usergroup. Move the bounced members into a special usergroup.

I have tested with Mailgun and they do forward the Sender header. However, even when the external provider (Mailgun, Mandrill, or Amazon SES) supports that header, the receiver server can reject the email because of SPF. For example, if I make up fake domain name, the email will go through but if I use something like "larrypage@google.com" and send to a Google Apps address, Google server will check the domain name record (in this case google.com) and found out that the provider server (e.g. Mailgun) is not authorized to send email on behalf of @google.com...

Because of this, the add-on will rewrite all email with Sender header to use Reply-To header. This only applies if you enable external provider of course. Sending through sendmail/SMTP will stay the same. This change will be released in the next version.

I see your point. I don't like special user groups though. Will have to think more about this ;)
There is some benefit of having bounced members in a special group. Currently I have 32.000 users awaiting email confirmation. This is a mix of newly registered users and bounced members. I send reminder emails to users that are newly registered and I delete 0 post accounts that are not activated after 2 months. If I split members up in 2 separate groups then it will be easier to address those account that are in limbo.

The benefit of using a usergroup (though there may be another way) is that you can add notices to guide users through the reactivation process. For example:
  1. bounced status: show notice to inform user.
  2. changed email address: show notice to let user confirm email address
  3. confirmed email address: show notice to let user add site email address to contacts.

Top Bottom