[WMTech] YouTube Integration Essentials

[WMTech] YouTube Integration Essentials [Paid] 1.1.3

No permission to buy ($19.00)
Just a quick information to all people using this add-on:

There will be an update to this add-on very soon which has to use the new YouTube API. We waited as long as we could with that change because the new API does no longer allow anonymous access.

From the next version on you need to have an Google Developer Key associated with a YouTube project. It is free to obtain such a key, however it takes some time to process the steps Google needs to issue the key to you.

If you like, you can obtain such a key now, so you'll be ready to go as soon as we release the next version.

This is a video with instructions:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

We also will prepare written step by step instructions to obtain the Google Developer Key soon at our web site.

Also, as the current version of this add-on uses the old API with anonymous access, there are now some videos to which no data can be fetched by this add-on. Instead a small warning message about "devicesupport" will be shown as the title of such videos. While this may be an annoyance you can disregard this message because all such videos will be updated and corrected automatically as soon as you've installed the new version of this add-on.

wmtech updated [WMTech] YouTube Integration Essentials with a new update entry:

v1.1.0: Important Update, YouTube API Change!

> Version 1.1.0 <

*** Very important update ***
You need to update to continue usage of this add-on!

Changelog:

Fix: Several code optimizations and performance improvements
Fix: Enhanced YouTube URL detection
Fix: Enhanced YouTube Playlist Support
Fix: Enhanced YouTube error handling for deleted videos
New: Changed to YouTube API 3 (no more anonymous access, needs API key!)
New: Added File Health Check
New: Added API key handling...

Read the rest of this update entry...

v1.1.1: Minor Bugfix Release

> Version 1.1.1 <
Minor bugfix update

Changelog:

Bugfix: Removed sporadic "Insecure Content" error message at SSL (https) sites.
Bugfix: Corrected sporadic "Illegal string offset" error message when posting videos

Upgrade Instructions:

Please upload all files from the "upload" directory in our package to the root of your XenForo installation overwriting all existing files. Also run the update XML from your ACP. We recommend to use the "File Health Check" tool from...

Interesting. Does the youtube playlist function work for XFMG?

There will be an update with a tighter integration into XFMG soon.
There will also be a special "YouTube gallery" with all posted YT videos of your site at a glance.

Currently this add-on works only for YT videos and playlists posted in conversations or threads.

While you can price your add-ons as much as you like, but it's a bit weird that copyright removal costs almost 6 times the cost of the add-on itself. It's usually twice the price of the product. I haven't seen in my life somebody charging 6 times the price of the product for copyright removal. But again, you're more than welcome to price as you wish - just my .02 cents.

Yeah, the copyright removal price is onerous because it's an auto-renew model. We all know what that means.

I have multiple pages of this error.. Any advice?
Code:
ErrorException: BB code to string error:strtolower() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given - library/WMTech/YTLoadEnhancer/Model/YtLoadEnhancer.php:204
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 6:54 PM

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'strtolower() ex...', '/home/********/...', 204, Array)
#1 /home/********/public_html/community/library/WMTech/YTLoadEnhancer/Model/YtLoadEnhancer.php(204): strtolower(Array)
#2 /home/********/public_html/community/library/WMTech/YTLoadEnhancer/YTLoadEnhancer.php(391): WMTech_YTLoadEnhancer_Model_YtLoadEnhancer->savePic('zrGsNt8-YIg', 'https://i.ytimg...', 'hqdefault.jpg')
#3 [internal function]: WMTech_YTLoadEnhancer_YTLoadEnhancer::embedYT('zrGsNt8-YIg', Array, 'youtube')
#4 /home/********/public_html/community/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(1862): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 /home/********/public_html/community/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(1742): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->_getMediaSiteHtmlFromCallback('zrGsNt8-YIg', Array, 'youtube')
#6 [internal function]: XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTagMedia(Array, Array, Object(WMTech_DoublePost_BbCode_Formatter_Base))
#7 /home/********/public_html/community/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(745): call_user_func(Array, Array, Array, Object(WMTech_DoublePost_BbCode_Formatter_Base))
#8 /home/********/public_html/community/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(652): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderValidTag(Array, Array, Array)
#9 /home/********/public_html/community/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(565): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTag(Array, Array, 0)
#10 /home/********/public_html/community/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(546): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTreeElement(Array, Array, 0)
#11 /home/********/public_html/community/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(526): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderSubTree(Array, Array)
#12 /home/********/public_html/community/library/XenForo/BbCode/Parser.php(505): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTree(Array, Array)
#13 /home/********/public_html/community/library/XenForo/BbCode/TextWrapper.php(119): XenForo_BbCode_Parser->render('[media=youtube]...', Array)
#14 /home/********/public_html/community/library/DigitalPointAdPositioning/ViewPublic/Thread/View.php(47): XenForo_BbCode_TextWrapper->__toString()
#15 /home/********/public_html/community/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): DigitalPointAdPositioning_ViewPublic_Thread_View->renderHtml()
#16 /home/********/public_html/community/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(71): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XenForo_ViewPub...', 'Html', Array, 'thread_view')
#17 /home/********/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(586): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('XenForo_ViewPub...', Array, 'thread_view', NULL)
#18 /home/********/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#19 /home/********/public_html/community/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#20 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(84) "https://doberman-chat.com/community/threads/thoughts-on-this-protection-video.11035/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

v1.1.1: Enhancement and Minor Bugfix Release

> Version 1.1.2 <
Enhancement and minor bugfix update.
This upgrade is recommended for all customers.

Changelog:

New: Enhanced and optimized the detection of videos which are deleted at YouTube at the time the caching is requested and added support for French, Spanish and German languages for the error messages.

Bugfix: "strtolower" error fixed (thx to @FredC)

Upgrade Instructions:

Please upload all files from the "upload" directory in our package to...

Is this still accurate information? Your site shows $4.75 per 6 months, into infinity, one assumes.

There has been a price increase after the last upgrade. This add-on is now $19, as is the Branding/Copyright Removal option. Not infinitely, only once every time you want to renew your license. There is no auto-renewal with our add-ons!

I have multiple pages of this error.. Any advice?

This bug has been fixed with the most recent version. Please upgrade your installation. Thanks for notifying us!

I tried disabling this add-on, but then the video embeds disappear entirely. Even when I try re-embedding, they don't appear. Can anyone tell me how to disable this and get the embedded videos back? Thanks.

You will need to contact the developer as we don't know what that add-on does.

You may need to change the embed code back to the default.

You will need to contact the developer as we don't know what that add-on does.

You may need to change the embed code back to the default.

I thought this was the developer's thread. Both the predecessor and this are from WMTech, it appears.

I tried disabling this add-on, but then the video embeds disappear entirely. Even when I try re-embedding, they don't appear. Can anyone tell me how to disable this and get the embedded videos back? Thanks.

If the video embeds disappear you have to recreate the default YT embed code just as @Brogan suggested. This will be done automatically if you deinstall or disable this add-on. However, since you use an unsupported, very old version of the other add-on, this is not applicable to you.

Please follow the instructions posted into the other (deleted) add-on's thread:
[WMTech] YouTube Load Enhancer [Deleted]- ERROR FAQ

We again recommend to use the most recent version of this add-on as any prior version will stop to work soon because of the API change of YouTube.

Also this add-on is fully supported, please open a support ticket at https://wmtech.net/ if you have any questions or need individual help.

Last edited:
We again recommend to use the most recent version of this add-on as any prior version will stop to work soon because of the API change of YouTube.

So assuming I buy the add-on, what's the proper procedure for "upgrading" from the discontinued free version?

Last edited:
[wmtech] Youtube Integration Essentials - Manual, Instructions & Installation / Upgrade Guide

If you haven't uninstalled the old version, you can simply use the "Upgrade" Path, since the new add-on detects the old one and deletes it automatically.

I deactivated the old version and put the youtube code into the Embed HTML filed as described here, but still no videos show up.

I'm reluctant to buy your upgraded add-on because of the recurring fee for no branding. Plus the free instructions here seem to do the trick.

Top Bottom