Will Xenforo move on to something like this?

securedme

I'm not sure what forum system or languages it uses at back end. But it's smooth and fast. The mobile version is responsive too but it's much smoother than Xenforo.. It makes you feel you're using an app.

Is it doable for Xenforo?

Thank you both. They share the same feeling regarding loading speed and style.. I don't know how to describe but it's just fast and smooth. And, very modern.

While Xenforo is feature rich, especial all the great add-ons available. It's a bit old-fashioned. It will get you a 90's -2000's feeling when you're looking at it and using it.

But I love the organization and navigation of Xenforo, it's old school but just all makes sense and much easier to use.

It would be great if there's something that combines both sides of things.

So back to my question, will Xenforo move in a direction of those "modern style" user experience? I hope you understand what I'm saying.

hard to say. flarum is the one i like from the new gen of community software. but i cannot see myself using anything like that on my board. they are just not designed for complicated communities with 100s of sections. but they are definitely better for smaller limited communities like support forums and such.

I don't think they will make such a drastic change in 2.2. Not even in 2.3. Let's hope for 3.0 if the XF team are going in that way.

It's about the future of Xenforo. The way that modern forums interact with users are not only eye-catching but also practical. I hope someone from Xenforo can say a word about it.

You should post in Suggestions. Auto-load instead of pagination, etc. Suggestions are based on popularity and a lot of people like XF's current direction. Asking if they will be more modern is too macro.

Top Bottom