This maybe a better alternative of Floara for future XenForo.

The next editor for XenForo (3.0) is already in active development.

This one in particular, which I didn’t know about before, doesn’t work great on iOS in a number of areas, and I don’t expect it will work great on Android either.

The editor experience we’re integrating into XF 3.0 should be superior to this across all platforms.

The editor experience we’re integrating into XF 3.0 should be superior to this across all platforms.
We can only hope.. the current Froala offering sucks... we won't even go into the sharing of images from XFMG on other sites (which seems to be a limitation of XF itself) not to mention from posts. Most other sites would like to see an actual link to an IMAGE instead of what of what is currently provided (example: https://astrowhat.com/threads/m17-reprocessing-100623.9748/). Seems your "image link" functions don't play well with the provided link when trying to embed an image in other sites.

And this is NOT editor related, but I won't go into the number of times that I've had to upload an image to a service such as Flickr/ImgUr to be able to embed an image on another site. Is this something I expect to be addressed.. not really. And honestly.. it should be something that is easily addressed as you link to the actual image attachment itself.

Last edited:
We can only hope.. the current Froala offering sucks... we won't even go into the sharing of images from XFMG on other sites (which seems to be a limitation of XF itself) not to mention from posts. Most other sites would like to see an actual link to an IMAGE instead of what of what is currently provided (example: https://astrowhat.com/threads/m17-reprocessing-100623.9748/). Seems your "image link" functions don't play well with the provided link when trying to embed an image in other sites.

And this is NOT editor related, but I won't go into the number of times that I've had to upload an image to a service such as Flickr/ImgUr to be able to embed an image on another site. Is this something I expect to be addressed.. not really. And honestly.. it should be something that is easily addressed as you link to the actual image attachment itself.
Sucks? Dude you really need to stop exaggerating so much all the time.

Sucks? Dude you really need to stop exaggerating so much all the time.
Really.. exactly WHAT exaggeration is there? The current sharing ability in XF does NOT work in other sites regularly (they expect an actual image link instead of the crap XF provides)... you try to link to an image to share on another site (which is provide by XF) other than XF that consists of a link like https://astrowhat.com/threads/m17-reprocessing-100623.9748/ or https://astrowhat.com/attachments/m17_bright_moon_100623-jpg.1207/ or similar.. please (and the default abilty doesn't work) give additional guidance in your all consuming knowledge as what XF expects (and wha they provide to 3rd party linkage) considering that their link is NOT what is expected in other sites... specifically they exppect a JPG or similar image link to embed and not what is provifed by XF as default provides. I use MANY sites that I would love to embed my XF images in... and yet they regularly fail.
So we would ALL like to have access to your all-encompassing knowledge of how to link other sites to XF when it doesn't actually provide an image format that is compatible with remote embeds.
In the mean time... feel free to put down your crack pipe.

Last edited:
The former is a thread URL. The latter is a direct image URL which can be embedded here (and anywhere else, XF or not), assuming permissions allow the attachment to be viewed by guests.

full

XF doesn't really do anything out of the ordinary here at all. XFMG even includes a "copy image link" button which copies the direct image URL for use elsewhere. It's not clear what more could be done and you haven't provided any actionable feedback, but if there was then feel free to start a new thread as it isn't really related to the editor.

The latter is a direct image URL which can be embedded here (and anywhere else, XF or not), assuming permissions allow the attachment to be viewed by guests.
I have hit a few sites that the latter link format is not accepted as a valid image. Granted, they are some older script sites that apparently look for an actual image extension to validate that it is an image.
But one newer one that won't use the "share URL" link from XFMG as a valid url is Imgur, nor does it allow the URL formatting convention used when using the copy image address feature of the browser. You have to save that image down as a JPG or similar and then upload it.
But you are correct... this really needs to be entered as a suggestion so it can percolate. But it was also why I commented that it wasn't really editor related. But since so many suggestions are ignored.. it's not something I choose to do since "suggestions" are mainly a vanity case.

Last edited:
Ah ok.
Was thinking little youtube and giphy coloured icons like you'd find on SMF editors. So you can easily add your own videos.
We have the media embed and Giphy buttons now. What more could they add? And pasting a YouTube share link automatically converts to an embed so I rarely use the media button anyhow.

We have the media embed and Giphy buttons now. What more could they add? And pasting a YouTube share link automatically converts to an embed so I rarely use the media button anyhow.
I'm talking about just youtube and giphy. Having their app photos as the icons on the editor.
Because the embedding thing doesn't work when you place your link into that area.
Also when you post up a link it formats itself.
This is just in case the video you've been trying to upload on here fails.
Also with the gif button it would look better if we has the giphy icon there.

I'm talking about just youtube and giphy. Having their app photos as the icons on the editor.
Because the embedding thing doesn't work when you place your link into that area.
Also when you post up a link it formats itself.
This is just in case the video you've been trying to upload on here fails.
Also with the gif button it would look better if we has the giphy icon there.
I don't find it makes much difference to me. Even Teams and GBoard don't have the Giphy icon, just "GIF" like Xenforo does. As long as I know what button to click and can easily describe it to others, don't really care what it looks like.

I don't find it makes much difference to me. Even Teams and GBoard don't have the Giphy icon, just "GIF" like Xenforo does. As long as I know what button to click and can easily describe it to others, don't really care what it looks like.
By what my understanding is that they are not going to be using this current editor.
i still think we need to have a way of using the bb codes that people use.
it's that plus us using something that fails everywhere that needs looking into.
Also go and check out SMF that uses a great editor that had youtube and giphy icons.

Top Bottom