SynoForum.com - for Synology enthusiasts

Hello, XenForoists! ;)

Just a quick update for https://www.synoforum.com/.

SynoForum continues to grow steadily with over 4,100 members, 46,200 posts and 6,800 threads. We've added (actually actively started using) our Mastodon account so you can also follow us there.

Another noticeable addition is with https://xenforo.com/community/resources/cxf-enhanced-search-forum-widget.8919/ add-on to highlight some news on the landing page:

Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 12.05.23.webp

I wish you all Happy and Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy and Healthy 2023! 😊

🎁🎉🎅🎄🥳

I just signed up, I'm French and there are French forums on the subject but I'm playing solidarity so I chose Synoforum! Ha ha, I did not register just for fun, I have a problem with the installation of a NAS at work and I have already received answers and leads to solve it.

On the other hand, I find the forum really well organized, the style fits perfectly with the subject, well done Mr @BassMan !

It's been a week since we've been testing and experimenting with the ChatGPT add-on on SynoForum.com.

synoBOT_avatar_1.png
We call our new staff member SynoBOT.

However, I have to say that the interest among our (mostly) IT members is very low. All our most active members have seen it but will not try it out. Ok, some are enthusiastic, but that's pretty much it.

Besides, I have to say that some of the responses from this bot are quite good. However, I prefer human interaction on the forums, so we may retire this bot after the trial period. We may offer it to Subscribers, but we're not sure about that yet. We certainly won't be filling our forum with bot posts. I don't think forums are meant for that. But for now, at least it's a bit of fun.

You can see some of the interactions here:

And our announcement of a new staff member:

Oh, and one more thing, we are about to celebrate our 4th anniversary (early April). I'm very excited :)

Last edited:
SynoForum.com celebrates its 4th anniversary! 🎉🥳🙌🍾🥂
synoforum_4th_anniversary.png
In the past year, we have added two new forum styles with vertical navigation and a Mastodon account. We have also added Promotions & Sponsored Threads (@Siropu's Ad Manager) to cover some running costs. Today, we have over 7,390 threads, 49,900 messages and 4,260 members.

More:

With this add-on:

There are a bunch of widgets. You can be creative.

Those three articles with images are with this add-on:

Besides, I have to say that some of the responses from this bot are quite good. However, I prefer human interaction on the forums, so we may retire this bot after the trial period. We may offer it to Subscribers, but we're not sure about that yet. We certainly won't be filling our forum with bot posts. I don't think forums are meant for that. But for now, at least it's a bit of fun.
And we are retiring this ChatGPT bot. I guess this is not for SynoForum. Extremely low interest from our members. 🤷‍♂️

But as I already stated in the quote above, I actually like it that way.

SynoForum.com is celebrating its 5th anniversary! 🥳🎉

they grow up so quickly these days :D

SynoForum.com is celebrating its 5th anniversary! 🥳🎉
Stop making me feel old!

🤣

I hate to say it, but my Synology runs so well that I've rarely had a need to visit! Still rocking my somewhat new DS620j with three SSDs so far (two 8TB...those weren't cheap, and I'll need another one soon).

Top Bottom