SynoForum.com - for Synology enthusiasts

All true. I still use hard drives for storage because I don't need such speed there. SSDs are in my second NAS unit where I'm running Docker and a bunch of other services.

I use my old DS214play with HDDs as a destination for local backups. One of the SSDs in the newer NAS hosts files for a music server (Roon Server, to be exact). With the HDDs, it got so laggy that the software wouldn't even properly index newly added files. With the SSDs, by the time I've copied files to the watched directory, Roon has already indexed them by the time I click over to the player window. It's not like the audio files are high bandwidth (compared to, say, 4K video), but still, I've never had a single dropout since moving to SSDs.

Oh, a lot of my add-ons, and many others :)

Each of them has its purpose. But I tend to use as few add-ons as possible, especially the ones that change the core too much. But as said, it really depends on the purpose and what I want to achieve.

Do you see any particular area that is interesting to you on SynoForum.com and want to know the add-on?

Top Bottom