XF 2.1 Smily title is wrong and categories can not be deleted

Tamara-Jasmin

translated with google:

I have exported the smilies of vb4 and imported into xf2.1.
The category is "Schildersmilies"
3 categories were imported: standard, profession, sign smilies.
Standard is correct, sign smilies too. occupation is unknown to me. In the XML, only standard and sign silks are categorylist.
If I want to rename "Standard", the title "Schildersmilies" appears in the title. Also in "profession" is "Schildersmilies".
Rename is not possible.
Then I wanted to delete. Can not delete.
I have created a new category - (title correct) and wanted to delete it as a test. Delete not possible :(

How can I delete the category in the database?
in XF_smilie_category is NO NAME, only ID and display

Where does the name of the category come from?
After import missing ID 3-7.
At import I chose: keep IDs. Both categories had ID 10 and ID11. In the database, however, stands
ID 2 and 8

LG: Tammy

translated mit google:

Interesting:
I have a test forum. There are "beruf" and "standard" as category.
These forums are NOT linked!
How can that be?
My guess:
Both use the same cache and there is a bit of confusion!
Both forums are hosted under the same domain, but with subdomains:

Testforum: xf2-testforum. <My-domain> .com
Live forum: www. <My-domain> .com

How can that be?
How can I reset the smilies?
Is it enough to delete xf_smilies and xf_smilie_category in the database with "truncate"? Then the index starts again at 1.
Then export the table with the standard milieux from the working test forum and import it into the live forum.

Incidentally, the import makes problems with 400 smilies.
I split the file into 4x100 smilies and imported them one by one. Maybe it was wrong with the middle function to import all 4: Import smilies from XML generated by a data import system.

I think I have the solution.
Could it be that some things are stored as a phrase?

I am currently working on "reactions".
In the overview at the bottom is in German: I do not like.
I open the reaction and the title says: Mad
There should be: I do not like it.

This means: The Smilie categories were not created, but "incorporated" by the language file.

I have exported the language file from the test forum - and imported into the live forum.
Do phrases make such problems?
It's just phrases! They have no IDs!

I am confused, but closer to the solution!

Krass ...
in Testforum I have created 2 prefixes.
"PREFIX1" and "PREFIX2"
In the new forum I also created a prefix.
Name: Pressenachrichten
He created: PREFIX1
I deleted it and recreated it
Name: PREFIX 2
I deleted it and recreated it again.
Now it is correct: Pressenachrichten.

How can that be?
So it's 100% of the phrases. But why does not he override this when creating new? How does he load these?

Unfortunately I don't really understand the issues.

Regarding phrases, almost everything is phrased so you should be able to translate what you need to German.

For the prefixes, it still sounds like there is some sort of crossover between both sites on the same server - that could be due to caching.
Presumably you have pointed the test site to a different database?

Smiley category titles are phrases, the phrase title key is smilie_category_title.<id>, with ID being the auto increment ID from MySQL.

If you edit a smiley category title within admin CP or import smileys from a XML, these phrases are created/modified in MASTER language (ID 0).

If you have translated all MASTER phrases (eg. including those smilie_category_title.X-phrases, you won't see any changes in frontend when you change a smiley category title in admin CP as this will only change the MASTER phrase whereas frontend will always use a specific language.

To avoid this confusion I'd suggest to not translate such phrases unless there is a absolute must to do so (eg. you really offer different languages like German, English and Spanish for example).
This way changes made to smiley category titles, etc. will always become immediately visible in frontend.

Last edited:
Google Translate:

Hey XF Team!
Thanks for the good work!!!! (must also be said!)

Have seen today that you can now import from a directory.
At that time I did not feel like it anymore and everything was broken off. It was not work and a catastrophe!
My users are shouting for the old smilies. Everything is fine now! Must have been fixed during one of the last updates.

Top Bottom