XF 2.0 Questions while setting up my forum

While this is my first time i use this software i think ity's a good idea to make a topic of my own and post the questions i have during setting up the forum.

1. Can i hide the forum for the public eye while setting up the forum? I don't want people to see the forum at this point.
2. I can't logout on the forum homepage. When i click my name next to the inbox tab, i get this message. How to solve this?

1.webp

1. You can block access to the site via htaccess.
2. What errors are in the browser console?

1. How do i do that?

month0: "januari", month1: "februari", month2: "maart", month3: "april", month4: "mei", month5: "juni", month6: "juli", month7: "augustus", month8: "september", month9: "oktober", month10: "november", month11: "december", active_user_changed_reload_page: "The active user has changed. Reload the page for the latest version.", server_did_not_respond_in_time_try_again: "De server heeft niet tijdig gereageerd. Gelieve opnieuw te proberen.", oops_we_ran_into_some_problems: "Oops! We ran into some problems.", oops_we_ran_into_some_problems_more_details_console: "Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.", file_too_large_to_upload: "The file is too large to be uploaded.", files_being_uploaded_are_you_sure: "Files are still being uploaded. Are you sure you want to submit this form?", close: "Sluit", showing_x_of_y_items: "Tonen van {count} van {total} items", showing_all_items: "Showing all items", no_items_to_display: "No items to display" }); </script> <form style="display:none" hidden="hidden"> <input type="text" name="_xfClientLoadTime" value="" id="_xfClientLoadTime" tabindex="-1" /> </form> </body> </html>

A forbidden error is a webserver error.

Contact your host and they should be able to resolve it (likely by whitelisting a rule in mod sec).

A forbidden error is a webserver error.

Contact your host and they should be able to resolve it (likely by whitelisting a rule in mod sec).

Hi Brogan,

I called the hosting company and he said that the server is Nginx and that it cant work with htaccess files. So he actually said the software as installed is not suitable for nginx.

Is this true and what is the next step for me to take?

I also have a very long error which i'd like to show you but it's to long to post here. Can i mail it?

That's not true at all.
This site runs on a server powered by Nginx, as do many others.

It's something your host will have to investigate and resolve.
If they are unable to, our recommendation would be to change hosts.

That's not true at all.
This site runs on a server powered by Nginx, as do many others.

It's something your host will have to investigate and resolve.
If they are unable to, our recommendation would be to change hosts.

Ok, I'll contezct them again.

Can you please take a look at the error messege i get? I need to mail it because it's to long. Where can i send it to?

PS: If the first person wants to add a picture, the software or server should automaticly create the folder 'attachements'?

I also don't have a folder called account. When i'm on the homepage of the forum and i click on my forum name, left below the browser wants to send met to the folder url/account. But hthe folder account is not in the root

Ok, I'll contezct them again.

Can you please take a look at the error messege i get? I need to mail it because it's to long. Where can i send it to?

PS: If the first person wants to add a picture, the software or server should automaticly create the folder 'attachements'?

I also don't have a folder called account. When i'm on the homepage of the forum and i click on my forum name, left below the browser wants to send met to the folder url/account. But hthe folder account is not in the root

What appears to be subdirectories in the URL aren't necessarily actual subdirectories on the server - they are just part of the visible URL path. If you click on a thread you will see /threads/ in the URL, but there is no /threads/ subdrectory.

Top Bottom