[OzzModz] Private Threads

[OzzModz] Private Threads [Paid] 2.1.0 Beta 2

No permission to buy ($25.00)
The support site also says that I should use the "report bug" option,
It doesn't. It says IF you are reporting a bug, use the report bug option. Support and feature requests are just regular posts, as you made before and which I linked earlier.

Because you already started the PayPal legal process without trying to get proper support for an addon that does work for hundreds of other users. So now it’s out of my hands and in theirs.

Had you follow proper procedure, and posted in the addon thread for support, then you would have received support to help you with the issue you are facing and avoided this whole drama show.

With that being said, as it is now in their hands, I have nothing else to add to this conversation.

It's not like this is a minor bug; the entire purpose of the addon is to allow members to create private threads, and for whatever reason, that function does not work at all. I obviously purchased a license for this addon, and tried contacting you on your site and didn't receive a reply.

@Ozzy47 This case is not currently "in the hands of PayPal"; I have not escalated it to include them; it is simply a request between a buyer and a seller at this time. The "Escalate to PayPal" option has not been selected. As a retailer of xenforo addons that you create, I'd think you'd want to handle this with ease with customers rather than being combative.
1629383227366.png

Per our license agreement which you agreed to.

7. Disclaimer of Warranties

The Software is provided on an "AS IS" basis, without warranty of any kind, including without limitation the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.

You acknowledge that the Software has not been developed to meet Your individual requirements, and that it is therefore Your responsibility to ensure that the facilities and functions of the Software meet your requirements prior to purchase. You acknowledge that the Software may not be free of bugs or errors, and agree that the existence of errors shall not constitute a breach of this Agreement.

The entirety of the risk as to the results, quality and performance of the Software is with You.

8. Limitation of Liability

Our liability for losses suffered by you, arising out of or in connection with this agreement (including any liability for the acts or omissions of its employees, agents and subcontractors), whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), misrepresentation or otherwise, shall be limited to 100% of the purchase price. We shall not be liable for indirect, incidental, or consequential damages of any kind, including loss of income or profits, loss of goodwill, loss of data, or the like.

This Agreement sets out the full extent of Your obligations and liabilities in respect of the supply of the Software. In particular, there are no conditions, warranties, representations or other terms, express or implied, that are binding on You except as specifically stated in this Agreement. Any condition, warranty, representation or other term concerning the supply of the Software which might otherwise be implied into, or incorporated in, this Agreement, or any collateral contract, whether by statute, common law or otherwise, is hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.

9. Indemnification

You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Snog's Mods and Add-ons and its officers, directors, agents, and employees from and against any and all demands, claims, losses and liabilities, including reasonable attorney's fees, arising out of or caused by Your or Your visitors’ use of the Software. This obligation shall survive the termination of this Agreement.

10. Refund Policy

We will maintain a reasonable policy regarding requests for refunds. We reserve the right to refuse a refund or to apply a partial refund. An administration charge may be applied where a refund is offered.”

so instead of giving me a refund for an addon I am clearly not happy because it does not work at all, you instead choose to toss the TOS legalese at me. I am glad I haven't wasted any more money at your site since you are clearly not very understanding or willing to work with customers.

You filed a chargeback, I couldn’t issue a refund if I decided to as PayPal has the money held.

so instead of giving me a refund for an addon I am clearly not happy because it does not work at all, you instead choose to toss the TOS legalese at me. I am glad I haven't wasted any more money at your site since you are clearly not very understanding or willing to work with customers.

I'mma put out there that the relatively small issues I had early on with the add-on were quick for me to fix and there was never any issue of non-admin users seeing private threads.

Ozzy has gone out of their way to be extremely professional and more than helpful in a variety of circumstances, and is one of the most friendly and prolific developers of some of the most well-made add-ons in this community.

I don't know what your circumstances are outside of what I've read, but from what I've seen of you in this thread, you've been the one to be combative and accusatory from the start. This add-on clearly has worked well for people other than yourself.

I don't think anybody here understands why you felt that you would be likely to get a positive reaction by showing up with a bad faith attack on the person you're trying to get to help you, and already having taken the chargeback action.

I don't think anybody here understands why you felt that you would be likely to get a positive reaction by showing up with a bad faith attack on the person you're trying to get to help you, and already having taken the chargeback action.
This issue has been resolved, and I see no reason for you to intervene; however, for your information, no one was attempting to assist me. No one from their company contacted me to inquire about the problem until I filed a chargeback; and then rather than inquire about the problem, my access was restricted, and I was told that no further assistance would be provided. As I previously stated, this matter has been resolved.

No one from their company contacted me to inquire about the problem until I filed a chargeback; and then rather than inquire about the problem, my access was restricted, and I was told that no further assistance would be provided.
That's not accurate. I had no idea whatsoever that you had filed a chargeback until you divulged it in this thread. I wasn't even looking at that - I was looking at your last post in our support thread, where you were gushing on July 31st about how much you and your members loved this add-on. And reported no problems.

I was honestly trying to help you. And you were operating in bad faith.

Your real issue was, your PM message was not answered. Your response to that was rash and irrational. I tried to work it out reasonably anyway but you were having none of it.

You got your money back and got yourself a free premium add-on. You no longer have standing or any gripe.

Top Bottom