No Notifications for Manual Registration Approval

rfc0001

I enabled "Manual Approval" for new user registration, and much to my surprise there is no notification when a new user registers and needs approved. I assumed that they would go into the Moderator Approval Queue. Is this not the case? Seems like a bug, as you would have no way of knowing you have registrations that need approval. I enabled this so I could temporarily screen new users using the same ISP as a previous spammer. It's not clear how to even manually approve these users other than list all users by join date and edit each one and change the status to Valid (does this bypass email confirmation?).

Another issue with this is manually approved users don't receive a "welcome conversation on registration" if this setting is enabled. Seems like the whole workflow is broken.

Users will appear in the approval queue to any moderators with the appropriate permission.

Users who are approved will receive the welcome email/conversation once they are approved.

Users will appear in the approval queue to any moderators with the appropriate permission.

Users who are approved will receive the welcome email/conversation once they are approved.
That's the problem - not even admins are receiving them (and I'm a super admin). It looks like this has been happening with users automatically flagged for spam as well since i have half a dozen users with a state of Awaiting Moderation going back to February (when we upgraded to 2.0.2)

The problem is since we aren't receiving notifications for users automatically flagged for spam or for manual approvals, the only way to approve them is to search users by awaiting moderation and manually change the status from Awaiting moderation to Valid, which bypasses the email confirmation (and the welcome conversation).

OK, I went back and sure enough that permission was not set. Super weird, since I know it was working in the past (prior to XF 2 install). Any chance that XF 2.0.x reset this setting?

Top Bottom