XF 2.0 Moving files to a new server

Hi there,

I have moved the files for a xenForo install to a new server and made a new MySQL database. However, that is all I have done (not moved any of the MySQL data across). I have already updated the MySQL details in the config file, but how do I make it generate the default tables and data inside of the database.

As well as this, is there anything else that I need to do to make it so that my copied over install will work?

If this is for an existing site, you need to do a backup and restore of the database.
If it's small then you can use cPanel, otherwise something like mysqldump.

To make it clear what I am trying to do:

Make a new MySQL database for xenForo.
Data Base has all your data stored in it.

If you make a blank database and restore the public folder, it will not work as to process everything browser see, its is retrieved from the database only other than the basic function of web page behavior.

When you opens a home page, it takes data for displaying on it from database only.

If you lost the database then you had lost almost everything.

Ok, so basically, I believe the person that made the theme was an idiot and they built it into xenForo instead of designing it as an 'addition' as such. Is it possible for you to tell me what data that I would specifically need to delete/replace so that I do not loose the theme but am able to resolve the issue?

I don't need any user data or anything like that.

So if I have to, I would need to reset it back to a fresh install, without actually resetting all of the files because of the way the theme is made (I believe). What would be the best possible course of action?

Last edited:
If you don't have the database to export the style, then look for the style xml files on the server.

If they aren't there then the styles are gone.

The 500 Internal Server Error is a very general HTTP status code that means something has gone wrong on the web site's server but the server could not be more specific. Do you will have to look in your server ergo logs and see if it is listed there. If not you would need to ask your host to troubleshoot the cause.

Top Bottom