Link Checker for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab

Link Checker for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab [Paid] 3.8.0

No permission to buy ($54.99)
@creativeforge The phrase is there as a result of replacement you have executed via the admin panel. This executes a direct change to the post, so it's not a phrase anymore, it's the text you have used when did the find/replace action via the admin panel. You can confirm it by editing the post itself, and you will see that text as part of the post message itself. The reason we don't modify the post on-fly is that performance would be much higher CPU usage, as we would need to load the broken link information with each page and execute processing of the message on the fly - with find/replace actions executed on each page load.

The latest version of the add-on has reversal support, which can be used to revert the changes you have done:

1661794598812.webp
However, just as with any other feature of this add-on, we highly recommend backing up your database before applying any batch actions, and verifying at least some of the cases manually one by one, instead of applying Batch Revert. String parsing process is really complex and can fail in many cases, especially if the post has been edited manually after the change was applied.

@dethfire the add-on does not have support for simply unlinking the broken links, but it seems we should be able to implement it. We will work on it asap.

The add-on does support images as well as Media tags with specific media providers - YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud, Metacafe, LiveLeak, Giphy, Facebook, DailyMotion.

Thank you!

@creativeforge The phrase is there as a result of replacement you have executed via the admin panel. This executes a direct change to the post, so it's not a phrase anymore, it's the text you have used when did the find/replace action via the admin panel. You can confirm it by editing the post itself, and you will see that text as part of the post message itself. The reason we don't modify the post on-fly is that performance would be much higher CPU usage, as we would need to load the broken link information with each page and execute processing of the message on the fly - with find/replace actions executed on each page load.

The latest version of the add-on has reversal support, which can be used to revert the changes you have done:

View attachment 272666
However, just as with any other feature of this add-on, we highly recommend backing up your database before applying any batch actions, and verifying at least some of the cases manually one by one, instead of applying Batch Revert. String parsing process is really complex and can fail in many cases, especially if the post has been edited manually after the change was applied.

@dethfire the add-on does not have support for simply unlinking the broken links, but it seems we should be able to implement it. We will work on it asap.

The add-on does support images as well as Media tags with specific media providers - YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud, Metacafe, LiveLeak, Giphy, Facebook, DailyMotion.

Thank you!

Yes, you are correct. I wasn't aware someone initiated this process. I have since contacted him and is restoring a back-up so we can better manage the results after thinking about it and discussion.

So what are you suggesting? To leave it with the default setting?

How about this, it seems much more practical for the users. But are you saying it would draw a bigger load on the server? Is this option obsolete?

Link Status Icons.png

So what are you suggesting? To leave it with the default setting?

I am not sure which setting you mean here, please clarify.

How about this, it seems much more practical for the users. But are you saying it would draw a bigger load on the server? Is this option obsolete?
Sorry, forgot to address this - this feature is available and active as soon as you index the broken links (no batch find/replace is needed for it):
1661796151365.webp

Just make sure the Front-end features are not disabled, and optionally you can disable the icon for the valid links.
1661796255637.webp

I am not sure which setting you mean here, please clarify.

Sorry, forgot to address this - this feature is available and active as soon as you index the broken links (no batch find/replace is needed for it):
View attachment 272668

Just make sure the Front-end features are not disabled, and optionally you can disable the icon for the valid links.
View attachment 272669

Oh, so here are my settings right now:

66aa55de350ec8ce42002084f6d27618.webp

AH! So if I enable Hide Valid status, it will ONLY show an X if the link is not valid, but nothing will show if the link is valid, right?

The URL Status popup will be only be triggered if they hover (if they use a mouse) and then it will trigger the tooltip, correct?

Thanks! I love this!

OK, so if I enter {link}nbsp;Ø or {link} - (broken link) in the Link Removed Message field, will it show the URL as text, plus show the Ø symbol? Or would it show - (broken link) beside it?

Or maybe I'll wait for your next update. :)

Last edited:
Oh, so here are my settings right now:

View attachment 272670

AH! So if I enable Hide Valid status, it will ONLY show an X if the link is not valid, but nothing will show if the link is valid, right?

The URL Status popup will be only be triggered if they hover (if they use a mouse) and then it will trigger the tooltip, correct?

Thanks! I love this!

That's exactly how it works.

OK, so if I enter {link}nbsp;Ø or {link} - (broken link) in the Link Removed Message field, will it show the URL as text, plus show the Ø symbol? Or would it show - (broken link) beside it?

Or maybe I'll wait for your next update. :)

Sure, we will release the next update soon. It is better not to modify the posts for this, as you might want to undo your changes one day.

Thank you!

AddonsLab updated Link Checker for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

New option: Unlink invalid URLs

This release implements a option to simply unlink invalid URLs in the posts without any batch processing in the back-end. This is useful for those who don't want to alter database content in any way and just want to remove the invalid URLs from the front-end.

If the link has custom text, it will be shown in parentheses. The replacement text can be customized using the phrases allm_unlinked_url_with_text and allm_unlinked_url_without_text.

The option is...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@AddonsLab the addon has false positives with SoundCloud media tags:
1662133567374.webp

As you can see, it loads fine on the post:
1662133598750.webp

This happens with several other posts too. You can see at the web browser the post id matches the one linked by your addon.

Do you have any update?

Please check the last update, the feature is already implemented.

@AddonsLab the addon has false positives with SoundCloud media tags:
View attachment 272831

As you can see, it loads fine on the post:
View attachment 272832

This happens with several other posts too. You can see at the web browser the post id matches the one linked by your addon.

Generally, the product reports broken links just based on the response we get from the server when we make an automated request by the URL. Do you see an issue with all SoundCloud links, or only with some of them? If that's the case, there should be something specific about that URLs which causes them to be detected as invalid. Please report back with a list of some URLs that don't work for you (or media BB Code from the Edit Post page) so we can troubleshoot it further.

Thank you!

Do you see an issue with all SoundCloud links, or only with some of them? If that's the case, there should be something specific about that URLs which causes them to be detected as invalid. Please report back with a list of some URLs that don't work for you (or media BB Code from the Edit Post page) so we can troubleshoot it further.
I'll submit a ticket because they return 404 and all the soundcloud urls are valid

Is there a way to clear the tags other than uninstalling the addon? I'd like to run this as a once-a-year type thing and don't need to keep tens of thousands of links tags in the db.

Is there a way to clear the tags other than uninstalling the addon? I'd like to run this as a once-a-year type thing and don't need to keep tens of thousands of links tags in the db.

I am not sure which tags you mean, as uninstalling the add-on does not do anything special in this case. Please elaborate more with some examples, and we will review it.

Thank you!

I am not sure which tags you mean, as uninstalling the add-on does not do anything special in this case. Please elaborate more with some examples, and we will review it.

Thank you!
/admin.php?links/tag/ seems to log every link which is great for some, but for massive forums, I don't need tens or hundreds of thousands of links monitored like this. I'd like to just do a one-off check every year.

Do you see an issue with all SoundCloud links, or only with some of them? If that's the case, there should be something specific about that URLs which causes them to be detected as invalid.
These are some of the URLs marked as 404:
Code:
[MEDIA=soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/sherief-abraham/fantasia-on-a-romance-theme-old-2010-version[/MEDIA]
[MEDIA=soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/sherief-abraham/project-noah-reupload-2010[/MEDIA]
[MEDIA=soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/sherief-abraham/a-moment-in-heaven[/MEDIA]
[MEDIA=soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/hollosound/zebra-pads-heaven-demo2[/MEDIA]
[MEDIA=soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/vortex11316/the-greatest-adventure[/MEDIA]

The way I used to check these URLs is the following (so you can see they are marked as 404 indeed):
1662413620168.webp

Just in case, we have the following addon installed (latest version):

AddonsLab updated Link Checker for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Support for Soundcloud media tags with full URL

The standard implementation of Soundcloud support in XenForo requires the MEDIA tag to contain the URL of the resource without the domain, e.g.
Code:
[MEDIA=soundcloud]sherief-abraham/fantasia-on-a-romance-theme-old-2010-version[/MEDIA]
This release implements support for additional format that includes the domain the media tag, e.g.
Code:
[MEDIA=soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/sherief-abraham/fantasia-on-a-romance-theme-old-2010-version[/MEDIA]

The new version is available...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom