Import errors :: Post yours here

Rob

I am importing a vb 3.8 and everything has gone fine... PM's VM's but it has bombed out at threads and posts and will not continue

All I get is the text 'A server error occurred. Please try again later.' shown within the forum skin.

Is there way to output more detailed error information?

Hopefully in beta2. :)
I'll raise a glass of Duvel to that! :)
Duvel.jpg

I had one of those with user groups. I found a user group (probably created when we tried variuos bridge systems) that had an empty membergroup name. You might run a quick query on your threads DB and see if you have any with "" or null as the title... Just a thought.
Thanks...that query gives me zero rows.

It's probably a didgy thread title somewhere. I don't know if the id numbers the importer displays during progress are actual threadids, if so then i checked those manually by appending them to a URL and they all seem fine.

Not to worry....it's only a test import after all. Clearly the importer needs tweaking a bit.

OK, riddle me this.
I did a clean install. Removed the default forum for giggles. Imported my forums.
I seem top have installed more forums, but not all. The controller does not define an action called .
Imported forums again. The controller does not define an action called .
It appears my forums are there with many duplicates of course.
But each time I seem to get different results.

Ok, been scratching my head over this all day, when ever I try and import my vb database from my test forum it freezes as soon as I try and import Usergroups, it gives me the following error message:

Please Enter a Valid Title

I have checked all my usergroup titles and none have any strange characters in them, there are no non-vb fields left as far as I can work out in the database from any mods.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Hopefully the importer will be tweaked to be a lot more tolerant, and just bring up a list of X items (were X is whatever you happening to be importing atm) the way it brings up a list of users that have commas in their names at the end of the user import. There definitely need to be better exception handling.

I'd call that a successful beta testing of the importer, as a group we found some good bugs and have hopefully provided enough info to make the next gen of the importer a better tool. Which is what Beta builds are all about eh? :)

[non-sequitur]
Oi... My back hurts from painting the kitchen ceiling...
[/non-sequitur]

OK, something I haven't checked.
Must have MySQLi, GD, PCRE, SPL, SimpleXML, DOM, JSON, iconv installed.
::nods::
iconv bit us in the butt first, the server setup check didn't flag on the fact that it wasn't installed. Once I added it and recompiled it started up fine. Gotta love EasyApache.. Well... Except when it doesn't have xCache as a module, and you recompile without it and break everything in sight... But other than that, it's GREAT! ;)

Imported Usergroups, Users, Forums flawlessly but and now stuck at Private Messages

Code:
Server Error

unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 36 of 47 bytes

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
   2. unserialize() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 1058
   3. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepPrivateMessages() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
   4. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 152
   5. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 101
   6. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
   7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
   8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/masti/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Can this thread be made sticky so that everyone will post their errors here, and if in case there is a solution, it will be posted in the same thread.

Surely, will reduce the hassle of browsing through numerous threads to see if there is any other thread where there is a solution posted.

Thanks

I can get everything to import except my users, just gives my a server error and to try again, tried 5 times and gave up. Will try it again when beta 2 comes out, gonna carry on playing with the styling for now

The same situation, in user importing process.
Obviously, because of some unusual symbols:

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xE8\xE8\xE8\xF5\xE0\xE0...' for column 'account_name' at row 1

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 300
   2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 468
   3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 546
   4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/Model/User.php at line 1741
   5. XenForo_Model_User->updateIdentities() in XenForo/DataWriter/User.php at line 819
   6. XenForo_DataWriter_User->rebuildIdentities() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 357
   7. XenForo_Model_Import->importUser() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 834
   8. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->_importUser() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 659
   9. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->_importOrMergeUser() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 457
  10. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepUsers() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
  11. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 152
  12. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 101
  13. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
  14. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  15. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /srv/www/admin.php at line 13

I might have a small tip.
Reimported from my live database after optimizing the sections that wouldn't previously import.

I think the key is to close your live forum.
Import. Note failures.
Backup vB forum database.
Optimize those tables on your vB forum.
Start a clean import.
Not sure if it will work, but I am making a lot more progress after optimizing a few tables.

When I try to import users, the script runs out of memory (~30k users, memory_limit set to 128M).

Also, is there no progress reporting, or is that another bug? When I imported usergroups and forums, it just loaded for a really long time and then said it’s finished (in fact, I had to increase the timeout time, because the import forums step took about 2 minutes – I guess most PHP installations have a timeout that’s way lower). I expected to get a message like “imported n items, continuing” every few seconds (similar to cache rebuilds in vBulletin).

When I try to import users, the script runs out of memory (~30k users, memory_limit set to 128M).

Also, is there no progress reporting, or is that another bug? When I imported usergroups and forums, it just loaded for a really long time and then said it’s finished (in fact, I had to increase the timeout time, because the import forums step took about 2 minutes – I guess most PHP installations have a timeout that’s way lower). I expected to get a message like “imported n items, continuing” every few seconds (similar to cache rebuilds in vBulletin).
How did you increase the memory limit?

I added to the config file only because that is how I did it with vB.

ini_set('memory_limit', 64 * 1024 * 1024);
ini_set('max_execution_time', 240);

Didn't seem to make a difference for me.

How did you increase the memory limit?
I didn’t. 128 is the server’s default, and I don’t believe that the script should take that much memory (there’s also a report on page 3 of this thread that user import allocated absurd amounts of memory for someone else). If that’s really intended, that’s a serious flaw in my opinion.
The timeout is part of the global mod_fcgid config on that server, probably different from you setup.

Now I’m importing on localhost and it more or less works (had to change a couple of PM titles containing weird HTML entities and yahoo ID fields in user’s profiles which contained non-ASCII characters).
But now much of my content (most PMs, and many threads) show up twice. No idea why that happens, I just thought I’d mention it here.

Yay Jerry! :)

Yes some of the timings I've been seeing feel wrong, if a < 250,000 post board takes more than 5-10 mins (on an average server) MySQL isn't being worked as hard as it should. Throw in some memcached and you can get the times right down as well as keeping the lookups for the 301's in memory.

Top Bottom