"Google May 2020 Core Update" affecting your xF Forum?

@rdn

Can you show a screenshot or two? So we can compare how it looks like? I see nothing unusual for me but my board is a small one.

According to initial statements from the Webmaster World Forum and Twitter, there are changes in a wide range of industries – from recipes to tech, health dating or even finance. There are also some early signs cryptocurrency content has been impacted according to Forbes in this article.

Due to the timing of this Google Pandemic Update some users expect that sites with covid-19 related content may be affected. For example conspiracy discussions or sites that provide helpful information. This is pure speculation.

I think Google is taking advantage of small business owners who can't afford to run ads...

Nonsense. The Ads people and the Algorithm people are separate departments who don't even talk to each other, not to mention that would be a ridiculous move for Google to make given the scrutiny it's already under in multiple countries.

This kind of volatility happens in the first few days of every algorithm update.

Just sit tight for a few days until everything settles down.

Due to the timing of this Google Pandemic Update some users expect that sites with covid-19 related content may be affected. For example conspiracy discussions or sites that provide helpful information. This is pure speculation.
Indeed. At the moment, everything anyone is saying about the update is pure speculation. No one actually "knows" anything yet.

We have been observing massive local ranking fluctuations that seem to have started around April 23, 2020. There is an active discussion happening at the Local Search Forum. We started to see the second wave of massive ranking fluctuation that corresponds with the announcement of the broad core algorithm update on May 4, 2020. ....

As of this morning (May 7, 2020), the Local Rank Flux tool score was the highest that we have seen in a long time. So whatever is happening has not settled down.

Reactions: rdn
Some data that are only updated last 10 hours ago based on GWT
For me the last data is (as always) from 2 days ago. So, maybe couple days later it will display newest results? For me it shows okay so far.

1588873844585.webp

Reactions: rdn
That's why it's called volatility. No crystal clear pattern yet. You're up today but you be back down again tomorrow, or vice versa.

Top Bottom