Footer Pro

Footer Pro 2023-04-19

No permission to download
Upgraded the addon and now the footer is missing. It is still activated in the ACP. Any ideas?
Hello, which position did you set? Above or below copyright?
I can't see the copyright block on your forum, this add-on uses it to place its code.

Last edited:
Hello @Nicolas FR ,

An example of a div for the Social Media icons at the bottom of Footer Pro is as follows.
Code:
<div class="fp-Social">
<a href="https://www.linkedin.com/company/name/" data-xf-init="tooltip" target="_blank" data-original-title="linkedin" id="js-XFUniqueId241"><i class="fab fa-linkedin fp-iconSocial"></i></a>
</div>
When I check with Google PageSpeed Tools, it gives an error "Links do not have distinguishable names".
Details:
"Distinctive, unique, and focusable anchor text (and alt text for images when used as a link) gives screen reader users a better navigation experience."

I think it is necessary to use only title instead of data-title. Can you fix this?

Thanks,

Hello @SelamT,
I'm not sure why social media icon codes are seen like that by Google: data-original-title.
This is how i wrote the code in the add-on:
HTML:
<div class="fp-Social">
    <a href="{$xf.options.footerProSocial_link1}" data-xf-init="tooltip" title="{$xf.options.footerProSocial_icon1}" target="_blank"><i class="fab fa-{$xf.options.footerProSocial_icon1} fp-iconSocial"></i></a>
</div>
I will investigate...

Hello, i will do something for that in the next release.
Meanwhile you can set a custom logo by editing the footer_pro template:

In line 7 replace {{ base_url(property('publicLogoUrl')) }} by your own logo path.

Is there a way to edit the border and background color around the "slogan?"

Thanks!

PS... Great add-on. I wrote a review.

Last edited:
Why are this user's MODs no longer maintained?

It's pretty easy to customize this one on your own.

Screenshot (20).webp

I took it and made it my own, you can see it at dn.ca

I don't think the addon is going to give you any trouble, I will have to see how it works on version 2.3 but worst case scenario you just make an html footer to look the same.

Those who would like to use this add-on with XenForo 2.3, while waiting for Ozzy to update it, you can fix the problem of displaying the logo and social network icons by replacing the code in the footer_pro template with that of the attached file.

Attachments

Top Bottom