Fixed Font Awesome icons not showing

AndyB

Affected version
2.3 beta 1
I installed XF 2.3 beta 1 and none of the font awesome images are showing. This is for both the front end and admin control panel.

Tried with no add-ons and default style.

Something similar has happened to me with the installation from the panel. The /styles/fa folder was not created. I downloaded the update package and installed it manually, and it was fixed.

Something similar has happened to me with the installation from the panel. The /styles/fa folder was not created. I downloaded the update package and installed it manually, and it was fixed.

Thank you, Mike. That fixed the issue.

Last edited:
Do they appear if you rebuild master data (by going back to /install)?

I have tried both options and in my case it does not work, the icons are still not visible. The code I use with 2.2.15 is:

HTML:
<div class="cuadros-inferiores-texto"><a href="./post-thread"><i class="fas fa-file-plus icono-responder"></i>Añadir</a></div>

There are simply going to be cases in 2.3 where usage of icons will not work as expected. This is one of them.

You will need to look into how we add icons to templates and use that approach, such as our <xf:icon tag.

No it's xf:fa my bad
Sad Season 9 GIF by The Office

Darn, was hoping my post in the fa 6 thread had some influence in 2.3 on potential direction of icons in 3.0 :D

Where is your HTML being used? because there is an element of this which could be tricky.

I use it with Siropu's Ads Manager addon to add buttons at the bottom of node and article pages. I think I was able to fix it by changing the above code to:

HTML:
<div class="cuadros-inferiores-texto"><a href="./post-thread"><span class="icono-responder" aria-hidden="true"><xf:fa icon="fa-file-plus" /></span>

Last edited:
Welp lol, now that I have taken care of my templates, the icons are gone (likely due to the removal of that FontAwesome JS file iirc)

The way I use icons is to save them as macros in a template so that I can change them all the time without a major hassle. I saw this error pop up on one of my pages:

Code:
Error: <svg> attribute viewBox: Unexpected end of attribute. Expected number, "".

can you do the manual over top of a panel install or do you have to "fall back" and then do the manual ?

Top Bottom