download multiple files via external URL links

panghao

hi

is it possible to have multiple external url links ?since all my resource file links to another server, and one resource has more than 1 file (max 10 files).

i really need this feature for one resource with multiple external url links. (can secure all my links)
now, i separate them to one resource with one external url link and labeled 1,2,3,4,.....kind of stupid. :(

so many thanks.

Upvote 10
A very useful feature, came specifically to write such a sentence, but it has already been voiced.

Please add a function to specify multiple external links.

We need this :)
It would be wonderful if this update came soon.
It would be good to put multiple URLs and also put names, after all, they could be the same file, but with different extensions, for example, a .zip file, a .rar, a .tar... Or a file, like a game translation patch, where in one of them you apply it to a console, in the other you apply it to an emulator, but it's the same translation and the same translation version as well. But it needs 2 cloud uploads, so 2 URLs.

It absolutely is the case. You can put several files into a zip, and upload the zip to a cloud service where they can be downloaded. I send groups of files to clients all the time like this. And Windows, Mac and Linux absolutely support zip format.

It absolutely is the case. You can put several files into a zip, and upload the zip to a cloud service where they can be downloaded. I send groups of files to clients all the time like this. And Windows, Mac and Linux absolutely support zip format.
That's not the case, not for me who works in translation. A patch from us can weigh 100MB. If we add the various versions (remembering that the translation version is the same, but the patches are different) the translation patch can weigh 200MB, 300MB unnecessarily.
This would mean that the end user would be forced to download additional files just to delete them later, not giving them the option to choose what they want beforehand and download only what is necessary. That's why multiple URLs are necessary.

In other forum systems with Resources I have seen this functionality working. Giving us the possibility to choose how we want to use the Resource is much better than simply ignoring a useful feature.

You should reply to what I actually said, not to something I didn't say.
I said a zip file can hold multiple files and work with Windows, Linux and Mac. I said nothing about size.

Most forums aren't offering downloads that big. Because you find it useful does not mean everyone does, or that Xenforo should put development time into it. In the 7 years this thread has existed, only 8 people voted for it.

In addition to the function of multiple URLs helping with the issue of download size, they can also offer alternatives for where to make a file available (Mega, Mediafire, Drive and other options).

Top Bottom