[cXF] Enhanced Search Forum Widget

[cXF] Enhanced Search Forum Widget [Paid] 1.1.0

No permission to buy (€25.00)

BassMan

I hope you'll find it useful.
Yes, it's on my home page:

I think on mobile view I'd prefer just one column and still have the image, or two columns but with images. Maybe there is a setting for that?

Or maybe best to just hide on mobile, I'll try that.

Last edited:
What I'd love is random display of articles, and to exclude articles with no image. But I suppose those are search forum limitations within the xenForo system.

Yes, it's on my home page:
Looking nice.

I think on mobile view I'd prefer just one column and still have the image, or two columns but with images. Maybe there is a setting for that?

Make sure to have it like this for the widget:

Screenshot 2022-11-02 at 14.39.54.webp

I just tested and it should show 2 columns with the image too.

I can see you are hiding this for smaller screens:
Less:
.articlePreview-image, .articlePreview-links {
    display: none;
}

That's why there is no image.

Set to 2 blocks per row and unhide the above code, and you'll get this:

Screenshot 2022-11-02 at 14.42.54.webp

Maybe I'll go deeper with configurations for mobile, but it's hard to find the ideal solution. It depends on the many situations an admin would like to have. I understand it completely and I'm brainstorming. I just don't want to fill it with to many configs.

What I'd love is random display of articles, and to exclude articles with no image. But I suppose those are search forum limitations within the xenForo system.
Yes, currently there are no random threads. Note, you can upload a custom image for threads with no image.

I am loving this addon, it is ahiuge asset to my home page portal.

Just noticed something odd though. It may well be something I did but I don't recall.

I have the widget on a sidebar and previously it had four threads, two per row like this.

Screenshot 2023-02-04 at 09.39.07.png

After adding a new thread to the search forum It is now showing like this though:

Screenshot 2023-02-04 at 09.39.33.png

The search forum is based on tags so I just tagged an extra thread with tag criteria for that search

I have thread blocks in row set to 35%

NB: it is still showing fine on my test forum that is from a database before I added the new thread to search forum.

I am loving this addon, it is ahiuge asset to my home page portal.

Just noticed something odd though. It may well be something I did but I don't recall.

I have the widget on a sidebar and previously it had four threads, two per row like this.

View attachment 281104

After adding a new thread to the search forum It is now showing like this though:

View attachment 281105

The search forum is based on tags so I just tagged an extra thread with tag criteria for that search

I have thread blocks in row set to 35%

NB: it is still showing fine on my test forum that is from a database before I added the new thread to search forum.
Interesting. I can't replicate that.

Not sure why the top one is big. If you'd have an odd number for articles to show in the widget, then the last one is big, but you have two big ones.

These are from my tests:

Screenshot 2023-02-05 at 11.52.44.png
An odd number of posts so the last one is bigger.

But with 4 posts it should shouw you like this:

Screenshot 2023-02-05 at 11.56.52.png

I will try again a bit later if I find something in your CSS.

EDIT: interestingly, it shows right on your site on the mobile view

Last edited:
I have tried reverting the serach forum to not include that thread and it all goes back to what I would expect, ie the two columns 2 x 2.

screenshot-2023-02-04-at-09-39-07-png.281104

Add that post back to the search forum by retagging it and it goes back to big one at top and bottom again.

Very odd. That post does have custom thread fields but I wouldn't think that should affect the preview.

EDIT: interestingly, it shows right on your site on the mobile view
Yes, but there is an extra bit in the Style properties for mobile view which I have set to do that:

Screenshot 2023-02-05 at 12.06.55.png

One more thing, that same post is in a different (full page) widget using the same search forum on the home page portal and all is as expected
Screenshot 2023-02-05 at 12.13.17.png

Top Bottom