Can your personal information you give when registering or talking to a mod be made public

Mermaid33

A mod on a well known forum is threatening people that if they mention her anywhere on the internet she will release personal information about that person everywhere. She was fired as a mod but apparently is using personal conversations to blackmail a user who said something about her. Is that legal? She banned me when I complained about her on the net. This can't be legal and must violate some code

If you have concerns regarding the conduct of any forum admins or their staff then you would need to take it up with them or if you have concerns about the legality of such behaviour then you would need to take that up with the relevant local authorities.

I assume the people you speak of may be using the XenForo software, but we are just the software developers and we have no editorial control over customer installations, nor is the content hosted on our servers. So as much as we empathise with your concerns, we are unable to help, unfortunately.

Good luck with getting it resolved.

Top Bottom