Any sort of roadmap for Xenforo 2.3 ?

I don't see this up and running until sometime next year. I'd renew your license because it could happen anytime so that you can upgrade to it. Otherwise you will be waiting a while and there could be bugs and security issues in your forum if you wait too long.

View attachment 289787

My upgrade license expires on September 6, 2023. Could you please release XenForo 2.3 before this date?

Thank you

Me too ;)

Support and updates until Oct 21, 2023

Don't renew. Why waste your money on one software update a year? My license expired eight months ago and I probably won't renew for another 12 months, if then. Why renew when the developers aren't releasing updates? Stop throwing money down the drain.

Don't renew. Why waste your money on one software update a year? My license expired eight months ago and I probably won't renew for another 12 months, if then. Why renew when the developers aren't releasing updates? Stop throwing money down the drain.
Ok so when your own forum gets a ton of bugs in it you don't want to upgrade. Oh man what a foolish thing to do.

Ok so when your own forum gets a ton of bugs in it you don't want to upgrade. Oh man what a foolish thing to do.
He never said don't renew. He said why renew when there's no new version to download. He can just renew when the next version is released.

Reactions: FTL
I'm obviously too X to understand what that's supposed to mean.

Judging by keyboard position of the 9 key, it was surely a typo for o; thus op meant to type op.

I'd renew your license

So, you'll renew their license for them?

So I wasted my money paying for the 5 updates Xenforo pushed out the past 13 months?

No, you'd have wasted 2 months of the license though if there were no new updates available on the date you renewed, and the next update showed up in 2 months. Instead, they are advising renewing on the day a new update is released.

Renewing comes with ticket support though, so might still be worth it even with no updates if that support is required.

The last update was less than 2 months ago. And it wasn't minor. Smartphone notification support was introduced there.
Take a look at the competitors - vBulletin, where they don't do anything for years, updates consist of bug fixes and don't bring anything new.

I've been running the forum since 2004. I'm one version off the latest version. It's running fine so don't worry. There's been one software update this year. I'm not paying the renewal fee for that level of release activity.

I've been running the forum since 2004. I'm one version off the latest version. It's running fine so don't worry. There's been one software update this year. I'm not paying the renewal fee for that level of release activity.
You should always renew your license each year No Matter What.

No, you'd have wasted 2 months of the license though if there were no new updates available on the date you renewed, and the next update showed up in 2 months. Instead, they are advising renewing on the day a new update is released.

Non-sense. Monthly updates are not what I'm aiming for. Every update of any software product risks introducing incompatibilities or conflicts with add-ons and custom theme work so I prefer 3-4 updates per year.

If you're worried about a couple of months without an update, frankly that's very much a skinflint, like someone who would demand paying less because they don't want pickles on their burger.

Every product indeed has its own lifecycle, starting from inception to prosperity and eventually decline.

The issue here isn't about lacking the funds for extension or saving money.

The real issue lies in the fact that there are users who are feeling that they are paying for something that doesn't match up to their expectations.

This is the crucial point, and the beginning of having such thoughts indicates that this product is heading down the path of decline.

These software developers should also take note and improve. Of course, you're free to live and act as you wish.

There's no right or wrong here.

However, people are still expressing complaints and voicing that there is a chance for change.

Those who truly depart will not say anything.

The last update was less than 2 months ago. And it wasn't minor. Smartphone notification support was introduced there.
Take a look at the competitors - vBulletin, where they don't do anything for years, updates consist of bug fixes and don't bring anything new.
vBulletin are awesome with the updates now.
I expect version 5.7.6 at the end of this month. Then my forum that is over there gets upgraded as im on vbcloud.

Update fatigue is real. Too many updates too frequently becomes tiresome and then features get added purely out of a desire to meet an update deadline and bulk up the changelog.

I'd rather have a well implemented update with a good feature set than have a feature that just gets added to with each revision just to make the illusion of progress when really it's just drip feeding what could be done at once.

Update fatigue is real. Too many updates too frequently becomes tiresome and then features get added purely out of a desire to meet an update deadline and bulk up the changelog.

I'd rather have a well implemented update with a good feature set than have a feature that just gets added to with each revision just to make the illusion of progress when really it's just drip feeding what could be done at once.
I'd rather one major upgrade every 2 years at the minimum. With minor updates every 3 months.
But we won't get listened to by these developers who have their agendas set.

What i like seeing on vbulletin is the candidate version being used and discussed.
Maybe @Chris D could do something similar and allow us to pick up on any bugs, etc.

Top Bottom