Ads Manager by Siropu

Ads Manager by Siropu [Paid] 1.26.9

No permission to buy (€49.99)
@Siropu ,
just wondering as I still see this in the newest AdManager version:
siropu_geotarget-2020.04.17-09_58_03.webp - For Geo targeting the mmdb´s from MaxMind have ben used in the past. As we´re all aware those mmdb´s aren´t available publicly anymore and nowadays require a license key and a built-in method to grab the files. The geo targeting meanwhile is getting inaccurate, based of the old files - could you provide us with a version, where we can enter the license key and you have some sort of grabbing automisation built-in, please?

Hi @Siropu , how do I place an ad between the forum nodes list on the homepage? (would like to place it between the two main categories of nodes). I see this position, but don't understand the "x": "Node list below node x title".

Thank you!

The X represents the node ID and can be added in Position criteria > Item ID There is a position for between categories as well.

I've just installed a new version and I'm very happy to see a CPM option in there. That makes selling ads much easier.

What I really want to do is sell ad packages that have a 6-12 month length, priced in CPM for those advertisers used to thinking that way, and have the ad deliver over the campaign evenly (or something approximating even). Right now I have ads running that show network ad code. What I'm afraid is going to happen is if I open up advertising sales through Ad Manager someone will buy $500 in ads priced at a CPM and Ad Manager will burn through them as quickly as possible; I haven't found a way to say "show no more than 10,000 impressions per day," or "this ad shouldn't consume more than 1% of available ads," or any way to really limit a CPM ad.

Am I missing something?

Edited to add...

Is the best way to do what I'm wanting to do something like this:
  • Figure out a minumum ad buy per slot.
  • Convert that to a percentage of ad impressions, say 5%
  • Create 20 ad slots, and fill 19 of them with my network ad delivery code
  • As an ad is sold, delete one of the network code ad slots

Is there a better way to do what I'm talking about?

Another Edit...

Another way I could sell this to advertisers is if we could do something like limit ad display to x times to each user in a yy hour period, so I could toggle three times per day per user as a maximum or something.

I found this post above searching for "limit impressions"

Any other / updated ideas on limiting and spreading-out ad impressions? For example:
  • My homepage gets 100,000 impressions per month.
  • I have only one advertiser, and they want only 2,000 homepage impressions per month.
  • IDEALLY: I could spread out the impressions so that only a few hundred show per day, and the rest of the time, the spot is blank/empty.
What's the best way to achieve that?

Thanks!

I found this post above searching for "limit impressions"

Any other / updated ideas on limiting and spreading-out ad impressions? For example:
  • My homepage gets 100,000 impressions per month.
  • I have only one advertiser, and they want only 2,000 homepage impressions per month.
  • IDEALLY: I could spread out the impressions so that only a few hundred show per day, and the rest of the time, the spot is blank/empty.
What's the best way to achieve that?

Thanks!

im sure there are easier ways, but you could create a blank ad and set it to 98% in the priority setting. The actual ad would be set to 2%.

make sure they are in the same package and for the same position

im sure there are easier ways, but you could create a blank ad and set it to 98% in the priority setting. The actual ad would be set to 2%.

make sure they are in the same package and for the same position
Thanks!

Ya, it's not the "cleanest" solution, but it looks like it would be a workable hack / workaround.

Also, just to confirm: There are no "max impressions" settings either per month or in total, correct?

That option is not for Lite version since it is part of the "Advertiser" section.
Thanks! I've just paid to upgrade to the full version. I want to make sure I do the proper update / upgrade process, but I can't find instructions on how to do so. I see this note:

You can upgrade your license to Ads Manager 2 anytime by paying the difference but you won't be able to upgrade the lite version installation to the complete version, as they are not compatible.

You can however, import ads and packages from the lite version to the complete version.

... but I don't see an order of events or steps on how to import ads / packages from lite?

Do I just install the full version and it will import lite data? Do I need to export data, uninstall lite, import data?

Hello,
since i'm new to all this and i can't find any manual or FAQ, can someone send or tell me (or send me link to some such details) how to add a banner in some topic?
Thanks.

Hello,
since i'm new to all this and i can't find any manual or FAQ, can someone send or tell me (or send me link to some such details) how to add a banner in some topic?
Thanks.

look on your left menu in XF admin. It says "create ad" - then select banner, then select the position. There's a TON of positions listed, so you'll have to look through them and decide where you want it.

Just make sure banner can fit on a mobile screen for best results.

Hello my friend

Siropu

How to place an AdSense ad at the top of the content and at the bottom at the heart of the topic?

As in the basic settings

I searched a lot and didn't know

Top Bottom