Unmaintained SOS BB Codes 2.1.0

No permission to download
Compatible XF 1.x versions
  1. 1.3
  2. 1.4
  3. 1.5
Visible branding
No
Requested here, this BB Code offers a four different ways to display information to your users: Warning, Success, Information, and Error.

There are four separate BB Codes; you add titles via (optional) options, like so:
Code:
[warning="Warning"]Your warning text here.[/warning]
[success="Success"]Your success text here.[/success]
[information="Information"]Your information text here.[/information]
[error="Error"]Your error text here.[/error]

The options can be whatever you choose. If you would like, you can also change the BB Code tag to be more friendly to your board's language.

1.webp

All the styling is found within sos_bbcodes.css, so you can modify it in any way you would like (or just add your edits to extra.css).

By default, these BB Codes utilize FontAwesome for their icons. You will therefore need to set up FontAwesome on your site for them to correctly display. If you do not wish to use FontAwesome, I have included PNG equivalents for the icons. You can toggle between the two options in Style Properties > BB Code Elements > Settings > Use images for SOS BB Codes.

2.webp

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Ensure you are running XenForo 1.3+ and that you have set up FontAwesome.
  2. Download SOS BB Codes.zip and extract the included xml file.
  3. Install the xml file as an add-on, not as a BB Code.
Author
mistypants
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 4 ratings

More resources from mistypants

Latest updates

1. White icons

Just an update to include white editor icons. If you updated to 2.1.0 previously, you need not...
  2. Template modification + editor buttons

The first change in this version is a change to the installation process. Previously, you had to...
  3. Major update!

This is a major change to the previous version and, as such, I recommend uninstalling the...

Latest reviews

Thanks! This could be very useful when people from time to time go a little bit too off-topic, and you need them to get on track again - simply just use one of these, and the members of the forum can't avoid seeing it! I've only used this on a test invorement, but I'm sure it'll be perfect!
Very cool bb code and useful for pointing things out of importance.
Nice Addon
Works perfectly! Thank you! Great for adding moderator or admin notes!
Top Bottom