Widget Positions for Category Pages

Widget Positions for Category Pages 2023-04-19

No permission to download

Nicolas FR

Nicolas FR submitted a new resource:

Widget Positions for Category Pages - Adds two widget positions on category pages: one above and one below the main content.

Adds two widget positions on category pages: one above and one below the main content.

Note : To display a widget on a particular category page use the following conditional statement: $xf.reply.containerKey == 'node-ID' replacing ID with the category id.

Read more about this resource...

Nicolas FR submitted a new resource:

Widget Positions for Category Pages - Adds two widget positions on category pages: one above and one below the main content.

Read more about this resource...
I apologize for the newbie response, but I am unsure how to use this.

My goal is to add latest posts from a specific thread to a custom page.

For example, I have a page with a description and some images for a historic site local to me.

Instead of having a latest post block for all threads, I want to add a block for the thread specific to the historic site. I have a forum section as a child to the page and would like it to show newest threads from the form.

Can this add-on accomplish this?

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 4.16.36 AM.webp
    Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 4.16.36 AM.webp
    155.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 4.16.45 AM.webp
    Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 4.16.45 AM.webp
    32.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Hello,
This add-on simply adds two widget locations on category pages, nowhere else.

Then I don't quite understand your request, the "last posts" or "last threads" widgets can display posts or threads from all the forums or from one or more in particular. The conditional statement that I am describing only allows the widget concerned to be displayed on the page or pages of defined categories.

Hello,
This add-on simply adds two widget locations on category pages, nowhere else.

Then I don't quite understand your request, the "last posts" or "last threads" widgets can display posts or threads from all the forums or from one or more in particular. The conditional statement that I am describing only allows the widget concerned to be displayed on the page or pages of defined categories.
In the pictures I provided, I have a child forum for a specific page. The page gives a brief overview and some pictures of a local historic site. The sub forum is for users to ask questions or share their experience at said historic site.

I want to be able to list new threads ONLY from that specific forum. So when a user is viewing the information page, they can scroll down and see threads from that forum related to that specific historic site.

Does that make more sense? Im assuming I use the id for that forum inside the conditional statement to select that specific forum and show up on the information page.

However, I am thinking this points a widget to a specific page rather than what I am trying to accomplish. Sorry if this is confusing.

Top Bottom