xenFoogle - PixelExit.com [Deleted]

Minor suggestion...

The PixelExit style "Casual" has all of its custom css in "casual_css.css" template that is then included in the "extra.css" template. That makes it neat & tidy and allows me to easily identify which code I've added to extra.css above & beyond the PixelExit code.

Suggestion is to do the same for xenFoogle since it is also by PixelExit so that the custom css is handled in the same fashion. It'd be consistent and it would let me keep track of my edits easier. :D

Minor suggestion...

The PixelExit style "Casual" has all of its custom css in "casual_css.css" template that is then included in the "extra.css" template. That makes it neat & tidy and allows me to easily identify which code I've added to extra.css above & beyond the PixelExit code.

Suggestion is to do the same for xenFoogle since it is also by PixelExit so that the custom css is handled in the same fashion. It'd be consistent and it would let me keep track of my edits easier. :D

I'll handle this Kevin,

whip.gif @Qwk86gn

Minor suggestion...

Will check it out Kevin.

You can just update to XF 1.2 then go to Outdated Templates in the ACP and merge changes on all templates that show outdated.

Or

You can rename your current style, then import this newest version and copy over your changes to the new style. (Recommended since I changed how the custom CSS is applied to the style)

There is really no friendly way, manually updating is the only way with styles.

For future reference, it may be in your best interest to make a child style to xenFoogle and make your customizations to the child and update the parent when needed.

how does this work with child style ?

do i import the xenfoogle style a second time as child or do i create a new child style ?

You can create a new style as a child of xenFoogle, no need to import it twice.

You may even test out setting your current style to be a child of this new version. Take a backup of the style first though!

I exported the xenfoogle custom style and uploaded the xml as child. works perfect. now i only have to change the path of the logo and make it full width again. Thanks. You should recommend this on ur ressources page to people who want to change some things

Top Bottom