XF 2.2 Stripe and more webhooks (providers)

BassMan

Hello!

I have a problem with Stripe and webhooks. I use Stripe as a payment processor on three different forums. The API (live keys) is the same for all of them, but I have set up three different webhooks:

1715264317032.webp

Each forum has its own dedicated webhook signing secret set in ACP.

I am getting this in the XF Payment provider log:
1715264422861.webp

This is actually true, as the user does not exist in this forum, but in another.

When the payment is made, the events in the Stripe are processed in all three forums and this causes an error to appear in the Stripe.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thank you.

What am I doing wrong here?
I had something possibly similar. I was using a stripe account for both my forum and my Woocommerce shop (different domain).

Getting errors in the forum re: the woo commerce sales. (each had own web hook)

Stripe support told I had to have a different account for each domain. I didn't believe them because that is surely the point of web hooks. Plus this had only started happening about a month previously (after both being fine for years on same account)

Anyway it is actually very easy to create various different accounts on Stripe under the same login, so rather than argue with someone who seemed to know less than even I did, I just created another Stripe account .

All a webhook is is a HTTP request to the specified URL - it has no semantic understanding that a particular payment is only relevant to one of the sites it notifies. Each event in Stripe isn't linked to a specific webhook URL, so it will notify them all for all events. So Stripe isn't doing anything wrong, it's notifying the URLs that are set up for the events they're configured to notify for. The application would just need to validate the webhook to verify it needs to process it, which is what XF is doing here. You could create separate Stripe accounts, but then you'd have separate API keys and separate payouts etc. Surely easier to just ignore the logs? They're not causing any harm.

Anyway it is actually very easy to create various different accounts on Stripe under the same login, so rather than argue with someone who seemed to know less than even I did, I just created another Stripe account .
Yes, it's not a problem to create another account, but I think you can be logged in only to one account on the mobile app. That's kinda meh...

Surely easier to just ignore the logs? They're not causing any harm.
Logs are not the problem, but if you don't take any action, the webhook is disabled after a while. Also, not a problem, you can easily enable them again, but still.

Thank you for your explanation. I thought something was wrong in my settings.

Logs are not the problem, but if you don't take any action, the webhook is disabled after a while. Also, not a problem, you can easily enable them again, but still.
Hm, it shouldn't do, XF responds with a 200 OK status when logging this error so as far as Stripe is concerned it's been accepted. Check the Stripe webhook logs to see which ones returned an error response and what the status and message body was.

I contacted my host and they confirmed. It is not server-related and it is a known Stripe "issue".

They also recommend creating separate Stripe accounts for each site. Hmm, not very convenient.

Top Bottom