Spammer

JoyFreak

I have an idea who it is but they seem to be using proxy/vpn to register on my forums and has made over 5 accounts, one after the other, with abusive usernames. Luckily, they go into manual approval status so they can't spam the forum but anyone got any tips to stop this idiot from continuing wasting his time?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they actually registering accounts? Or are they hitting your contact form?

Have you enabled the Xenforo antispam options, especially StopForumSpam?

Are they actually registering accounts? Or are they hitting your contact form?

Have you enabled the Xenforo antispam options, especially StopForumSpam?
Both.
And yes I have.
They go into manual approval state so the StopForumSpam is working as intended. Just wondering if there is a way to completely stop them from registering but I guess that would be difficult if they are using proxy/vpn.

If they keep using the same VPN, you could try blocking the IPs: AdminCP >> Users >> Banned IP Addresses

However, since most VPNs offer options to browse from several geolocations, he could just switch to a different center with a different IP.

Otherwise, continuing to just delete as they hit the approval queue is probably all you can do.

If they keep using the same VPN, you could try blocking the IPs: AdminCP >> Users >> Banned IP Addresses

However, since most VPNs offer options to browse from several geolocations, he could just switch to a different center with a different IP.

Otherwise, continuing to just delete as they hit the approval queue is probably all you can do.
Many thanks

IP range banning and word censoring, that's what I did in the past. Is your forum better now or still having the spammer accounts created?

IP range banning and word censoring, that's what I did in the past. Is your forum better now or still having the spammer accounts created?
It was literally a real person purposely spamming, had something against me. But I know a few from here that probably would love to get that chance. Luckily they went into approval queue and they’ve stopped now, probably got bored and realised how childish it is.

Top Bottom