OzzModz

It looks great, Ozzy. You can really feel all that metalwork. This is theme I would love to have if I were running a hard rock site :love:

Although I know the gradient and background images are the same ones the vB style used, for some reason they really pop a lot more now, with xenforo. Aside from that, what a great job you did "porting" a vB style to xF. Really sharp. Excellent work not a flaw in it.

I like the overall vibe it gives off @ozzy47 and I'm looking forward to any add-ons you may bring to the site. I was TheXboxCloud for some time on vbulletin.org and remember you from back in the day. I was mainly a poster on vbulletin.com and didn't get on .org much but I always remember seeing you with mod of the month and all that. You definitely should give it a go when you feel ready. But yeah I visited your site earlier. Didn't see this thread until now but was curious since I saw it years ago when it was on vBulletin.

Just for reference sake, here's that old vB3.8 style on a working 3.8:

METAL

I know some people who want to charge anywhere from $300 to $600 to port a vB style to xF 2.1 like you did. Again, great job!

Make it VELVET! Or SILK! That'll fit in great with an addons/mods site!

By the way on a side note: MUCH thanks to xenforo, for having signatures not shown on mobile by default. Really helps with sig spammers. Maybe it'll eventually lead to folks realizing the reality that it's never been effective or even at all helpful. Bigger percentage of browsers are mobile, every day.

@ozzy47 When do you start to develop add-ons for XenForo? I remember you as good coder in vBulletin.
I like the overall vibe it gives off @ozzy47 and I'm looking forward to any add-ons you may bring to the site. I was TheXboxCloud for some time on vbulletin.org and remember you from back in the day. I was mainly a poster on vbulletin.com and didn't get on .org much but I always remember seeing you with mod of the month and all that. You definitely should give it a go when you feel ready. But yeah I visited your site earlier. Didn't see this thread until now but was curious since I saw it years ago when it was on vBulletin.

OzzModz is up to 11 addons created for XF2 now. :)

Dark themes are cool, but, from an usability standpoint, they should be avoided. It's an extra strain on the eye to read white on black. That's why most of the stuff we read daily is black on white and not viceversa. The design is a little crowded, I'd lose the gradients and especially the main background. It has a big contrast and, again, makes you dizzy after a while. The blue on the link could be toned down, maybe a light shade of gray.

The activity seems to be good though, you have a budding community there, so good job ;)

Top Bottom