No no no, I can't accept it.

Miri

GIF by The Simpsons

I don't know about you but I just can't accept having the "Trending content" widget in the sidebar before the "Latest posts" widget.

I don't like it either. Doesn't add much value if you visit the site regularly.
This is an actual question of some food for thought

Out of all the members who visit your site:
  • How many are returning superusers like yourself?
  • How many are casual returning users?
This is a question that will be unique to each community.

The reason why I ask is that, ideally, we should be building differentiated views for each segment of users: new users, returning casual users, returning superusers. What may be not of value to superusers may be of immense value to new users and returning casual users, and vice versa.

GIF by The Simpsons

I don't know about you but I just can't accept having the "Trending content" widget in the sidebar before the "Latest posts" widget.
Who says you must have it up on there then?
Nobody.
There's a lot i won't have that might be useful for others. It might not suit your needs though.

I don't like using hashtags for example so the hashtag add on isn't on my forum.

It's good to offer it additionally, but not for the default setup. It should never replace constant new content. If it does, it makes your board seem seem more dead than the new posts. New posts generate other new posts. Trending does not do that. Only occasionally.

That's why I like the add on from ThemeHouse. It's setup way better than XF's core trending one.

Top Bottom