XF 2.2 Image proxy not proxying images from certain domains

Fullmental

I'm not sure why this is occurring, but we seem to have issues with a few domains where the image proxy does not appear to function. This seems especially prevalent for DeviantArt images hosted by their wixmp domain. If I click and "view image in new tab" it brings it directly to the wixmp domain URL, instead of a proxied URL. Testing the proxy with the same URL works in the ACP, so the software thinks there's nothing wrong.

Example, in this post, it has one image, that when tested in the ACP shows no errors:

1714187643954.webp

Yet, the image is not proxied and does not show in the proxy logs:

1714187619341.webp

What is going on here and how can we fix it?

Current image proxy settings:

1714187882494.webp

That's not XenForo's unfurling. By the looks of it, you have a custom media site (not from my add-on) that replaces DeviantArt images via oEmbed. Look at the list of "BB code media site" in your admin panel and disable the one that handles Deviant Art.

That's not XenForo's unfurling. By the looks of it, you have a custom media site (not from my add-on) that replaces DeviantArt images via oEmbed. Look at the list of "BB code media site" in your admin panel and disable the one that handles Deviant Art.
Hmm, ok that does turn it off, but it also replaces any existing unfurled images with basically null space. Any way to tell what addon controls that?

Oh, I've just realized I accidentally replied to the thread instead of your direct message. If you disable the media site, its content will be blank. What you can do is leave it enabled so you don't lose the ones that have been embedded, and remove the thing in Match URL so that new URLs won't be handle by that media site.

Oh, I've just realized I accidentally replied to the thread instead of your direct message. If you disable the media site, its content will be blank. What you can do is leave it enabled so you don't lose the ones that have been embedded, and remove the thing in Match URL so that new URLs won't be handle by that media site.
No problem, thanks for the guidance! I think we can go from here, appreciate the tip on the Match URL thing!

Alternatively, if you have my add-on installed and active, there should be an option that says Do not auto-embed links from this site which will prevent new links from being handled as a media site.

Top Bottom