• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

German Language Pack

Could you please stop spamming this thread? You can discuss that with him per mail or private message or somewhat.
This thread si dedicated to the german language pack.

Instead of arguing what language to talk here, you should try to improve the coordination of the translation. Otherwise we have 4 different language packs after 3 weeks. Where we could have 1 language pack after one week...
At least to my knowledge xf-germany (which merged to someone recently) was about to translate on their own...

Um, guys, it has been said that XenForo translations would be done via crowd sourcing. Let's not start little groups of people doing seperate translations. Let's wait till Kier and Mike tell us how this centralized effort is to take place.

I don't see why we shouldn't start right now. Even if that tool appears somewhat soon the work isn't done by itself.
We still need to translate the phrases and I think it's a plus to have a table that already contains translated phrases.

At least to my knowledge xf-germany (which merged to someone recently) was about to translate on their own...
xf-community.de linked to the Google Spreadsheet that I manage. We already have six people working on the translation so I suggest that all others join our team.

Um, guys, it has been said that XenForo translations would be done via crowd sourcing. Let's not start little groups of people doing seperate translations. Let's wait till Kier and Mike tell us how this centralized effort is to take place.
+1 for that.

So... According to someone at xf-community.de (the main German translaters community it seems) XF staff have said that the crowd sourcing is far from ready and it's not certain, how it all will happen.
Since we want to make sure that the translations are done quickly (which was the main reason for crowd sourcing AFAIK), I think it's a good idea to start translating independantly. Not the ideal solution, but better than no translation.

So... According to someone at xf-community.de (the main German translaters community it seems) XF staff have said that the crowd sourcing is far from ready and it's not certain, how it all will happen.
Since we want to make sure that the translations are done quickly (which was the main reason for crowd sourcing AFAIK), I think it's a good idea to start translating independantly. Not the ideal solution, but better than no translation.

hi, as myself is translating into another one language, wanted just to say, YES, better anyone translation as no1 at all..

Soooo leute, auf baldige beendigung der deutschen übersetzung. viel glück, ihr schaft das schon!

So let's regroup. Please reply below if you are intending to do a translation and what if any help anyone else can be to assist others.

It is also agreed upon that we will want both a Du and Sie version. Please note which you are planning on providing.

Thanks.

I am currently translating the language file into a "Du"-Version. Most time consuming is to find all phrases in the context they are used in order to provide an appropriate translation. I have translated about 1400 phrases so far, which means the language file can almost be used (at least in the frontend). I do not think it´s reasonable to have too many people working on it, because it probable that you will get too many inconsistencies. However, there are a few decisions that have to be taken which are sort of difficult and should be discussed, i. e.: What would be the best translation for "likes"... ?

mikoo, there is a group translation going on over here. We are also creating a German "du" version. Maybe you would like to join our effort?
You can check out the details of how to join in here.

[edit]Oooops sorry just seen that i posted in this forum in german... I was going to post in the german xenforo, but had this link open in other browser window... I leave it here because i just discovered I had to register in that german forum.. and have no time. If it disturbs, please delete[/edit]

Anmerkung und Frage:
Anmerkung (Wahrscheinlich wurde das schon besprochen aber aus gegebenen Anlass):
Habe mir die Übersetzungstabelle auf spreadsheets.google.com angesehen...
da stellt jemand die Frage: Anrede groß oder klein? (Also Über dich oder Über Dich)

Laut neuem Duden ist es klar: Klein!!!
Aber in Briefen kann man beides machen.. du oder Du.. und wenn Hauptwort, dann Groß (bsp: mit jmdm. auf Du und Du stehen) man kann aber mit jmdm. per du od. per Du sein. ( beides ist richtig)
Mir ists egal was ihr macht... hauptsache es ist einheitlich!!!!

Und jetzt noch eine kleine Frage: Wie bekommt ihr die tabelle wieder ins programm???? oder gibts ein tool dass diese Tabelle wieder in eine language.xml umwandelt?

Luc

I'll answer in English...
Not sure about how the table is going to be imported, but I'm guessing the admin over at XF-Community.de has a way to convert it to a language file.
As for du or Du - that is something that should probably be discussed at XF-Community.de - I'll open a thread there.

Top Bottom