[cXF] Thread snippet

[cXF] Thread snippet 1.1.4

No permission to buy (€18.00)
Compatible XF 2.x versions
  1. 2.2
  2. 2.3
Visible branding
No
This is a cXF Pack B Membership Add-on. Upgrade your account to cXF Pack B Membership for:
If you got our add-ons on websites other than customizexf.com or xenforo.com, then you got them on pirated sites. If so, we suggest you remove the add-on from the server and download it from the original site. Please, support the developers and fight piracy!

Description:
Show thread snippet (excerpt) or thread preview on forum view and what's new page with some extra features.

Features:
  • show thread snippet in thread list on forum view
  • show thread snippet on what's new page
  • show thread snippet on New posts widget (simple view)
  • show thread snippet on New threads widget (simple view)
  • set snippet length for each position individually
  • show first or last post in thread snippet
  • remove BB codes from snippet
  • style snippet in style properties
  • set page width for snippet to show or hide (for instance to hide it on mobile)

*Note: the thread snippet does not display images or other BB codes. Otherwise, there is an option to remove BB codes from the snippet.

Screens:

Screenshot 2020-01-13 at 20.04.35.png

Screenshot 2020-01-13 at 20.12.25.png

Screenshot 2020-01-13 at 20.12.36.png

< example for sidebar widgets New posts and New threads >

ts_new_posts.png
ts_new_threads.png
Author
BassMan
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 4 ratings

More resources from BassMan

Latest updates

1. 1.1.4

bugfix: updated the event listener to fix an issue on the "Advertising" and "Notices" page in...
  2. 1.1.3

changed the PHP file with different approach for tabbed options option tabs are all phrased now...
  3. 1.1.2

changed search type for template modifications to regular expression for better compatibility

Latest reviews

Awesome addon. I have some months using it and it really looks nice. Hopefully one day there is an update where you can see the images of the messages (like reddit)
BassMan
BassMan
Thank you for your review.
This is a really great little mod that allows you to set up thread snippets any way you would like them. My members love being able to get a preview of the latest thread post before entering a thread. I think it encourages members to open and participate in more threads than they might otherwise. My only original *wish* was that it hid snippets from member posts on 'Ignore' - which has since been added in the latest update. Awesome, like all of BassMan's work.
BassMan
BassMan
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you like it.
Very professional. Allows user to add an adjustable excerpt to their forum lists. Easy to install, easy to use. I recommend.
BassMan
BassMan
Thank you kindly for your review.
Simple and nice add-on, brings the forum content to front, very useful if an admin wants to set up a portal page.
BassMan
BassMan
Thank you for your review. I’m glad you find it useful.
Top Bottom