Upload to server doesn't work

Ayanle

Hi,

Now the important stuff, I can't upload my files from my computer to the cpanel of my hosting account.

I'm using filezilla for the transfer and my host is namecheap, everytime I attempt uploading it says "servers failed".

I don't know if it has to do with my computer or not, I'm using windows 7. Would it be alright if I downloaded the license from this site to a more modern computer and uploaded it to the site that way?

Btw the domain I want to transfer Xenforo to is called Hachimarudenbase.com, any advice is welcome.

Thanks.
Kind regards, Ayanle

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like you have cPanel available.

I would just use the File Manager app in cPanel to upload the zip archive, then extract the files directly on the server.

It shouldn't take more than a few minutes for the whole installation.

It looks like you have cPanel available.

I would just use the File Manager app in cPanel to upload the zip archive, then extract the files directly on the server.

It shouldn't take more than a few minutes for the whole installation.
I've already done that before while experimenting with different solutions but I didn't know how to extract the files.

did you upload whole file or just upload directory ?
I uploaded the whole file and then extracted it in the same place.
This is what it looks like now.
ea9jHCX.png

Assuming you want the site installed in the domain root (and there is nothing else installed there), select, drag and drop everything in the upload folder to the public_html folder.

Assuming you want the site installed in the domain root (and there is nothing else installed there), select, drag and drop everything in the upload folder to the public_html folder.
Done, what now? Btw what is the domain root? My domain is hachimarudenbase.com

I want to eventually leave namecheap so would it be bad to install the site in the domain root?

Last edited:
Most likely the server is mosconfigured as far as the public_html directory is concerned.

I recommend uploading a simple text file to the hachimarudenbase.com directory just above it to see if that's where the files should go.

Top Bottom