XF 2.0 Style properties for Forum/Node list?

Dixie McCall

Where the heck are the style properties for the Forum/Node list is 2.0? I click on this in style properties and only get a few options.

XF2 is built from many more reusable components compared to XF1. The core structure of most pages are just using the block system and related parts (like block header variations). This applies to the forum list.

Style properties are for changes to the common components of the system. If you want to change specific areas, you'll need to edit CSS and/or templates.

Okay so if I want to edit something like the node icon padding I have to edit via template rather than through the xf1 way going through the Node properties? Please tell me this isn't so.

Yes, you would need to use something like extra.less or a direct edit to the template in question.

That's a good example of a very specific thing to want to edit. Style properties weren't really designed to replace editing templates or CSS and how they ended up working in XF1 often created bugs, difficulties, and confusion.

Thanks Mike, That's too bad XF has chosen this route because I think you'll alienate many potential novice customers. In general the back end of XF2 is good but the style gets a huge thumbs down for me and may be a deal breaker. I don't want to have to go and edit template with css. You average joe isn't gonna know how to do this.

Top Bottom