Not a bug Out of range value for column 'warning_points'

mjda

So today I decided to just run a test import to make sure the data would import correctly. Everything was fine until I got this error

Code:
In AbstractStatement.php line 217:

MySQL query error [1264]: Out of range value for column 'warning_points' at row 1

xf:import [--processes PROCESSES] [--finalize]

Exception query:

UPDATE xf_user
                                SET warning_points = warning_points + ?
                                WHERE user_id = ?

Any ideas what I could do to get around this?

EDIT: I'm assuming it has something to do with the fact that one of the users has a value of "4294967295" for warning_points already. Geeze...how does this happen? 🤦‍♂️

That definitely seems like some sort of corruption or erroneous value in the VB DB.

You can manually edit it before doing the import next time.

It might be worth checking all entries to ensure there are no others.

So turns out that's the max value allowed. I'm assuming somebody just threw that value in there manually or, like you say, it was just corrupted somehow. It's like that on several users. I'll lower the values manually and see what happens. Thanks @Brogan!

I'll move this to bugs anyway, just in case the dev's want to account for values which are greater than what XF permits in the schema.

Also note that if at any point someone tried to enter -1, in the 32-bit world, 4294967295 and -1 are equivalent. It's possible there was a bad conversion between signed and unsigned 32-bit integers.

Top Bottom