XF 2.2 Ooops!: Invalid cost amount. PayPal may be erroneously adding additional shipping and handling charges

Mr Lucky

I got about 20 of these over the course of a couple of hours. Can anyone tell me what is causing it? (PayPal haven't been able to...yet)

Doesn't seem to be related to fixed bugs re: this message as I have no shipping charges set up on PayPal. It's for an upgrade subscription anyway.

Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 17.36.28.webp

The Paypal IPN log says failed, however the (monthly) payment was successful.

The message in the screenshot says unknown user, however the username is quoted in the log details (slightly redacted, where it says username).

Code:
array(29) {
  ["transaction_subject"] => string(45) "Account Upgrade: Monthly Recurring �2 (username)"
  ["payment_date"] => string(25) "04:33:09 Apr 19, 2024 PDT"
  ["txn_type"] => string(14) "subscr_payment"
  ["subscr_id"] => string(14) "I-TTAMV7T4SHHT"
  ["last_name"] => string(6) "Surname"
  ["residence_country"] => string(2) "GB"
  ["item_name"] => string(45) "Account Upgrade: Monthly Recurring �2 (username)"
  ["payment_gross"] => string(0) ""
  ["mc_currency"] => string(3) "GBP"
  ["business"] => string(20) "xxx@cafesaxophone.com"
  ["payment_type"] => string(7) "instant"
  ["protection_eligibility"] => string(8) "Eligible"
  ["verify_sign"] => string(56) "AlHx6YXdVAXlde23GA8sz8yb3ZQDAzwQFfurVILfI-9foIgCTE77A8QV"
  ["payer_status"] => string(8) "verified"
  ["payer_email"] => string(22) "xxx@yyy.co.uk"
  ["txn_id"] => string(17) "2HX21718BT896582A"
  ["receiver_email"] => string(20) "xxx@cafesaxophone.com"
  ["first_name"] => string(8) "Firstname"
  ["payer_id"] => string(13) "EDKMAHF57WT5A"
  ["receiver_id"] => string(13) "SCGW6KQSVXDUU"
  ["payment_status"] => string(9) "Completed"
  ["payment_fee"] => string(0) ""
  ["mc_fee"] => string(4) "0.36"
  ["mc_gross"] => string(4) "2.00"
  ["old_subscr_id"] => string(19) "S-7XF76789B2444534A"
  ["custom"] => string(69) "1868,4,token,1868,1439965624,0347810f99c916dd168795d35f65bbbc0a73a70d"
  ["charset"] => string(12) "windows-1252"
  ["notify_version"] => string(3) "3.9"
  ["ipn_track_id"] => string(13) "a61f4ca415be8"
}

The "Ooops!" and the stuff about shipping charges is not coming from XF code. Do you have an add-on that might be related?
Yes - until yesterday the (seemingly abandoned) Addonflare paid registrations. From yesterday Ozzy's beta alpha paid registrations.

BUT These date from before Ozzy's addon, however doing a phrase search for erroneously (any addon filter with Addonflare Paid Registrations enabled) comes up with nothing.

My bad, we do add the shipping bit, but I don't really know where the "Oooops" is coming from. I think maybe that's supposed to say "Error" in which case maybe you have customised that phrase.

So anyway, all of that probably is coming from us.

What other changes have been made? Have you changed the price of anything? We do attempt to handle price changes.

Yes, it's my very own Ooops!

Yes. It was originally £2 monthly changed to £3 and still active. But there plenty of other users still paying £2 monthly for the (now£3) subscription successfully and not getting that.

One thing I just noticed is that the user is listed under expired upgrades.

Top Bottom