[021] Unlimited scroll [Deleted]

Would it be possible to make a version of this where the page links are still accessible?
.links are still available. Only the bottom pagination bar is hidden, because it does not make sense, because the loading is constantly going on when you scroll down, so it is almost impossible to click the link at the bottom of the page.

Even better if you can scroll up and load the posts from the previous page, but obviously that's more work.
If the user scrolled from the first page to the fifth (or any other), then all content from the first to the fifth page is available to him. If he opened the fifth page directly in the browser, then the top pagination will help him with this.

When the user uses pagination manually, for an instance the user clicks page #4, and start scrolling down, the browser history goes from page #2 when it's supposed to go to the page #5
There is no page under the link "threads/latest". There is no such bug in the add-on.I checked it out, I checked it out.

Bug report:
When the user uses pagination manually, for an instance the user clicks page #4, and start scrolling down, the browser history goes from page #2 when it's supposed to go to the page #5

Guide to reproduce the bug:
1. Install the add-on
2. Navigate to unlimited scroll options and check "Log browser history when next page is loaded" option and save.
(I also have Load the a next page contents when X percent of a page is scrolled: set to 60% but I don't believe that one is responsible)
3. Navigate to a page that unlimited scroll supports.
4. Manually click on a page number like 2 or 3 in pagination. in this case I click on page 3.
5. start scrolling down

Expected result:
When you looking at the address bar, it writes the history that starting from the count depending on the page you've manually clicked. in this example: you clicked page 3, then again, you scroll to the bottom of the page, the next page content loads (3) but in the address bar, you also see the correct count has been increased on the URL which is 3+1 = 4.

The actual result we get:
When you looking at the address bar, it writes the history with the wrong page numbers. It jumps into incorrect page numbers, I mean it starts with number 2 when it's supposed to start the count from page number 4 (depending on the page you've manually clicked on).

Please watch this attached video too
View attachment 243894
I don't get this bug

There is no page under the link "threads/latest". There is no such bug in the add-on.I checked it out, I checked it out.
I don't get this bug

First of all, I need to thank the developer for making this amazing add-on and giving it for free.
Then again, I feel extremely stupid here, and I really apologize for that. I've been busy testing what might have gone wrong and I apologize again for the delayed response too.
Here is my explanation:
I have installed the @ThemeHouse's Filter plugin and trending plugins on my site, (and also UIX Theme) and do have this "threads/latest" set as my homepage.
That page does have pagination, and I wanted to make the unlimited scroll to be working on this page too.
So, I made two template modifications for the main template which renders my homepage which is "thfilters_all_threads_list", and I cannibalized some of the codes from your add-on to this:
Modification 1:
Rxg980J.png

Modification 2:
jw1JrVo.png

And these template mods were enough to bring the unlimited scroll to be working on my homepage but seems like it also has produced this page counter bug as you all could see in the bug report that I have posted in my previous post.
Then again, I have checked for the second time, that bug does not appear on other forum pages like the forum section pages just as you guys told me, so clearly there is no bug on your add-on related to that page counter. I'm sorry if I make you guys feel nervous.

I hope you guys won't be mad If I report another case here.
I have spotted another issue when I was testing what might have gone wrong in the previous case.

In this case, I want you to imagine it's a XenForo stock install with only the unlimited scroll add-on has installed and there are a bunch of testing threads in a forum section such as "forums/off-topic.7" page in xenforo.com.

As I have reported in the previous video, eventually the user clicks "Back" after he completes the reading a thread,
But in this case, the user still gets confused because there is a high chance that the thread that the user was reading does not belong to the page he lands after clicking the Back button.

I guess that because I have reduced this setting value here to 70%
doNk6Hj.png

(For the sake of some users have slow internet connections, in their cases, the contents on the next page have to have ready to be read, otherwise, the user has to be waiting at the end of the page until the next contents to be loaded, so I have set that value to 70%)

Then the problem comes here.

When the user scrolls only 70% of the page, The unlimited scroll process get triggers and the next page's contents get appended to the bottom of the page but also unlimited scroll add-on writes it to the browser history
Caowzbn.png

So, the user is still on the previous page, Not on the next page. Then He clicks on a thread link and navigates into it. And completes reading the thread and clicks Back.
Note: clicking "Back" means he lands onto the Next page and it's a whole new page and he misses lots of threads on the previous page, and also gets confused because he cannot find the last thread that he just read in the discussion list. This happens because the add-on has written the next page's link to the browser history when the user was in the discussion's list forum page and he has scrolled the page to 70%.

This case gets worse if you decrease the value of the "Load the a next page contents when X percent of a page is scrolled" setting.

Ton's of users on my website have reported this unlimited scroll thing is very annoying because of this issue, and they ask me to disable the add-on because they get confused, but I still find this add-on is amazing and want it to be working with no problem.

Do you have any idea to make a solution for this? or any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
@021 Honestly, I think the only update that would be a huge thing for me would be if this could be enabled/disabled per style or per user on the forum so that users can use it if they so desire but they do not have to do so.

It doesn't appear to work with Article nodes, any way these can be added ?
Just testing this out, it seems to not work with search forums either, otherwise very intresting and might become one of the few select addons I use on my forum.

Would have been even better if there is a sticky bottom reply text box in forum thread views and one icon to bring to the last post of the thread. That way with live-content from xon, it basically turns the whole site into a large chatroom.

I would love to pay for it.

There is serious bug on mobile, when you scroll down sometimes it keeps loading page, while it should be back to above to view threads which been loaded, instead it keeps loading and loading threads, makes overload website

Please add support for:
/whats-new/news-feed
/whats-new/latest-activity

Thanks.
Anyone ever get these pages to work? It seems they are completely different than the other 'what's new' pages.

Overall great addon besides those pages being left out.

Thanks!

Hello @021

Have you seen any reports of this not working with guests? Works fine logged in but when browsing a node it will node load a new page.

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

1654555078420.webp

Hello @021

Have you seen any reports of this not working with guests? Works fine logged in but when browsing a node it will node load a new page.

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

View attachment 269234
Hello. Can't replicate this on a local forum. Can you please provide access to the forum where this problem exists?

Any update ?
I think if there's a limit on scrolling option would be great
For example: An option load x times and stop, and show option next page like this 1654752836066.png
Because as I can see if there's a lot of threads in a forum it can cause load forever until it load all of threads in that forum, that makes website load heavier

@Russ I looked at the issue on your forum. It looks like this issue is related to the page cache and is not an issue specifically with my add-on. A similar error occurs when trying to see a thread preview.
Снимок экрана 2022-06-09 в 18.50.01.webp

Do you have some add-ons installed that cache the page for guests?

Just wanted to say thanks for this addon, it's exactly what I was looking for and for it to be free as well was a nice surprise :)

Hope you're doing ok over there in Ukraine mate. (y)

Only thing I have noticed is that in thread view when a new page is loaded, embedded tweets don't load on the new page.

I am using an addon called s9e Media Sites to display embedded social media posts on my forum.

Top Bottom