I would like to login via Facebook... But I had problems

Hareon

Hey guys. I would really like to add connected accounts to my forum for registration.

Yesterday I spent many hours and couldn't get the App ID and App secret. When I try to do the procedure, in the end I have to confirm my company. But I don't have a company. I'm forced to select one (which I put in the registry, but it's just from my group, not a company) and at the end Facebook asks for legal documents to prove the company. So without being able to do this step, I can't publish the Facebook login app to get the information.

Does anyone have any guides? I'm very lost. I would like to add Facebook, Google and Microsoft to make it easier for new members to log in since my forum is new.

I click in facebook application
1715611134840.webp

And then - create application
1715611177046.webp

I select the first option to create the Login application and click Next.

1715611262268.webp

So I give the App a name (Forum Login), my email and there is an option (optional) to add the company or not. I choose not to add it, but this will be required later.
Where the Arrow is, it points to "No Business Manager account selected".
1715611667221.webp

So this is the part that I get stuck on. I confirm that the application is WWW, I select that I only want email, profile and date of birth as data, and when I get to that part, I have to confirm the company.

And it is a mandatory step to publish.

Has anyone experienced this and knows what to do and what options to navigate to get the app published? I found it very complicated since I'm not a developer.

1715612359017.webp

"company verification"

the requirement to have a business manager account configured was why i could not get it working on my site and the guy helping me turned it off on his.
fb now requires you to have that set up to enable the use of fb for logins.
he and i agreed it was not worth the hassle that they want you to jump through since i will not ship them my personal documentation nor will he his and neither of us have incorporation papers that they apparently want.
fb seems to want to target their features towards businesses probably so they can sell services to them.

Top Bottom