[OzzModz] Attachment Constraints Permissions

[OzzModz] Attachment Constraints Permissions [Paid] 2.0.1

No permission to buy ($15.00)
Suggestion #1: Wouldn't it be a good idea to display also the pixel size restriction for that usergroup next to the KB display right hand of the upload field ?

And the suggestion to add the option to restrict on a weekly basis the number of uploads, because some users are throwing hundreds of images at a forum. Due to this other's images do not get enough attention.

Restrictions on disk space or per message do not help here, because these people will just shrink their KB per image and continue as before with several messages. It is the attention to other's images I want to rescue by not showing too many images of one user only at the same time period.

@Painbaker will answer as soon as possible.

I detected another issue, while analyzing the forum permissions.

I have for moderators certain settings for image uploads etc. For all subforums the same settings.

Now I want to have for one specific subforum a different setting, with lower pixel size and lower KB size. I made these changes in the subforum permissions for the moderator usergroup and a "group 20" which they are also part of.

When I go within XF/ACP/usergroup/analyse forum permissions, it shows the correct sizes for that subforum. See screenshot. red =general permission, green = how it should be for that subforum only.

Analyze_forum_permissions.webp

If I go now to the subforum and try to upload an image, it shows me the wrong value. It shows 2MB file size instead of 500KB.

challenge_subforum_wrong_KB_size.webp

And the moderator is able to upload images that are too big for that subforum, although I made for that subforum different settings and he should not be able to upload bigger sizes than 500KB

@Ozzy47 @Painbaker

Another issue/question regarding media gallery.

I installed your addon now on a different forum, which has also the official XF Mediagallery installed. I found out, that the settings of your addon do not display in the ACP options for XFMG. Did I do something wrong or does it only work for XF, but not for MG?

If it is not yet developed for working also with MG, would it be possible to broaden your addon to enable the same restrictions per usergroup in MG as with your addon in XF?

If yes, please make sure that the restrictions are also in the MG ACP/options for your addon

in KB, not in MB as it is with the normal options in MG per default settings (see screenshot)

XF_attachments_max_file_sizeKB.webp

XF_media_gallery_max_file_size.webp

Last edited:
Top Bottom