One sub forum with writing rights for guests - possible?

sam2019

My forum is set up so one has to register to write (anyone can read). I want one sub forum for feedback to be configured so guests can write there as well. is that possible?

Yes, just set that specific forum permissions for the Unregistered / Unconfirmed - use Node Permissions ACP section for the specific forum and set the related permissions for that group. (post new thread/reply, etc)

I have done that and I can post as unregisted, BUT I get

Your content has been submitted and will be displayed pending approval by a moderator.

I have not specified this should be moderated, how can I switch that off?

does that not activate this setting for all nodes?
But unless you allow guest, then wouldn't be able to post or reply in the other forums. I think this is a very rare situation. ie allowing guests to post without approval

I use this particular forum like a blog - if I require registration most ppl will find it too much work for a brief feedback.

I use this particular forum like a blog - if I require registration most ppl will find it too much work for a brief feedback.
What I man by rare is not that you allow guest comments on a blog - that makes sense, but that you would allow them to be published without approval.

Top Bottom