XF 2.1 User upgrade option not working

affiliatetribe

Hi,

I have created a premium plan in my forum and here are the settings.

I am assigning them in Premium Member group when they make the payment.

xenforo.png
The problem is - they are not able to see the premium nodes.
Every time I have to manually add them in Premium Member user group.

Screenshot at Juxf1l 04 12-23-44.png
Am I missing any setting here?
Technically, they must get the access when the SECONDARY group Premium Member is assigned to them.

The primary user group will remain registered - the premium member user group will be added as a secondary.

If you have manually promoted an account, the promotion will no longer work.
You will need to reset the promotion for that account.

You can check the payment provider log to ensure the callback is being made.

But it looks form above that you made the primary group Premium member. You said you did that manually.

The upgrade would automatically make the premium group a secondary group (as mentioned above). Note that (I think) this can take a while to happen.

In xenforo you keep the primary group as Registered (especially if you want upgrades/promotions to work)

The issue is, user is not getting the Premium Access when that is assigned in the secondary group.

Might be a bug or I am missing something.
Sorry, your screenshot showed it as primary group.

This means you need to check you have configured the permissions correctly - best to check with the permissions Analyser (under ACP > Groups and permissions).

Enter a user who has the correct secondary usergroup, and you can see how their permissions work for either general permissions or per node.

Last edited:
The issue is, user is not getting the Premium Access when that is assigned in the secondary group.

Might be a bug or I am missing something.

Check that your registered user group doesn’t have anything set to “never” as this will override any additional user groups.

arn

The primary user group will remain registered - the premium member user group will be added as a secondary.

If you have manually promoted an account, the promotion will no longer work.
You will need to reset the promotion for that account.

You can check the payment provider log to ensure the callback is being made.
from where do i setup primary and secondry group?
there is no option in users group for primary and secondry
1714678779495.webp

from where do i setup primary and secondry group?
there is no option in users group for primary and secondry
No that is in the user settings. But you should just leave primary as registered group which is the default for new users, then add secondary groups to the user as required, either manually, via promotion or by user upgrade.

Top Bottom